Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why Is Marijuana Illegal in the US?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by LetsGetFaded420, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Anybody want to give some (sensible) theories as to why it's such a high profile crime to have some? I mean it doesn't make sense to me. It shouldn't be legal because companies would eventually add things to it and make it addictive just like with tobacco. I think there should only be a fine for having it. Not 10 years in prison.

2. nixon

propaganda

lies

3. Want to elaborate?

4. I wrote an essay about this for school. On my iPhone or else id pull it up

5. Ok here is why. Nixon pretty much said it was horrible and called a war on drugs. And now all these old fucking fags in the senate and office still have not opened there eyes.. There you go.

6. You're on a computer, and with that computer, you have the Internet. You get what I'm getting at here?

7. Hahah what an asshole (Talking to you) He came on the forum. This is what forums are for (Asking questions and getting opinions) :wave:

8. Because it's bad...ok?

9. [quote name='"Unprettier"']

You're on a computer, and with that computer, you have the Internet. You get what I'm getting at here?[/quote]

I was confused about what you were getting at until I read the post a second time. Lol

10. Because the world is corrupt.

11. dude was an asshole.

12. Because our politicians are greedy, dumb, detached idiots who think they know what is best for everyone else 'bellow' them.

13. It happened way before Nixon. It takes a 2 second google search to find this out

14. The war on weed started back in the early 1900's against Mexican immigrants who would go out in the west and work doing hard manual labor, then smoking bud after a hard days work. The government observed this behavior and made it illegal, just to be dicks.

Not until the 60's did middle class youth start to smoke the bud mainstream. It's these same youths that were marching on Washington. Again as an observational discrimination, it was then he began the DEA, etc etc.

As far as why it's STILL illegal? I've heard that many jails/prisons are privately owned. They spend millions of dollars a year to lobby against legalization, because they make money from the government based on how filled up they are.

If you take away a private company lobbying against it, you take away a huge influence on illegality. Its normal private business greed bullshit.

15. Watch The Union (The Business Behind Getting High), and all shall be revealed.

16. [quote name='"scrambledegg81"']Watch The Union (The Business Behind Getting High), and all shall be revealed.[/quote]

A situation where this stoner movie is suited, for once

17. Move to California. Possession of under an oz is an $100 fine.

18. I know what forums are for. However, this is a direct answer, there is no "opinion why weed is illegal in the U.S." The answer is that marijuana is a drug. There is no disputing it. That's the bottom line. Overall as a country right now and with the people in power, America sees most drugs as bad drugs, and people are misinformed thinking that weed is a bad thing.

19. It started because of propaganda., reefer madness, people were afraid that if their precious little girls would smoke and go crazy by doing thing like have sex with a black man (this is early 1900's, remember).

Now it's a racket, the pharmaceutical companies are stuffing the pockets of politicians who are keeping it illegal. There are more theories as to why it's illegal, you can do the research yourself.

Nothing is as it seems when it comes to politics, people can always profit from fucking other people over.

20. Ok then, let me put it like this. Why hasn't the government realized it's not harmful?