Why is it

Discussion in 'General' started by s3v loves you, Mar 16, 2012.

1. #1 s3v loves you, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2012
    That everytime I get on GC I end up reading about someones problems, then reading the advice that people have gave to them.

It never fails, I don't even notice what I'm doing until I finish reading the whole thread and think "why the fuck did I just read that"

75% of these threads involve:
    -ran out of weed, fml
    -"my parents are strict"
    -got caught, legalize weed/ron paul rant
    -got ripped off

Excluding the 3rd one, those are petty problems. Yet these threads pop up all the time.

Whatever lol..

2. Hmm if threads about getting caught and asking for advice are pointless... What does that make a thread complaining about those threads?

3. [quote name='"Bobby Blendz"']Hmm if threads about getting caught and asking for advice are pointless... What does that make a thread complaining about those threads?[/quote]

Bro. When did I say they are pointless?

4. [quote name='"s3v loves you"']

It never fails, I don't even notice what I'm doing until I finish reading the whole thread and think "why the fuck did I just read that"
    [/quote]

Right there pretty much

5. Not really. Him asking himself why he read the thread doesn't mean he considers them pointless. Don't shove words in peoples mouths please. It simply means he considers it pointless that he read them.

6. [quote name='"Americandutchyz"']

Not really. Him asking himself why he read the thread doesn't mean he considers them pointless. Don't shove words in peoples mouths please. It simply means he considers it pointless that he read them.[/quote]

And that I don't really notice what I'm reading because it's usually the same thing over and over, so it's nothing new that sticks out

7. Yeah I get what you mean. I think its inevitable that some topics are repeated though.. Especially because its a stoner forum haha :smoke:

8. [quote name='"Americandutchyz"']Yeah I get what you mean. I think its inevitable that some topics are repeated though.. Especially because its a stoner forum haha :smoke:[/quote]

Haha, true..I guess alot of these threads are much more interesting to read stoned.

9. I skip the threads that look familiar and wait for some creative ones to pop up or create my own. And not every problem is the same even though they have the same title

10. haha yeah I consider them all more interesting when I'm stoned haha ;)

11. [quote name='"s3v loves you"']

Bro. When did I say they are pointless?[/quote]

The example someone already gave implied you thought they were pointless and then you said: "these are petty problems yet the threads pop up all the time"

Are you saying you DON'T think they're pointless? If that's the Case, what were you saying with this thread?

12. [quote name='"Bobby Blendz"']

The example someone already gave implied you thought they were pointless and then you said: "these are petty problems yet the threads pop up all the time"

Are you saying you DON'T think they're pointless? If that's the Case, what were you saying with this thread?[/quote]

No, I don't think there pointless. They are real problems, just seeing the same threads with the same responses gets old; and I've only been here a few months.

Now, alot of the time the threads are started with new users who have less than 50 posts, sometimes it will be their first post; which is understandable. But when the thread is started by someone who has been here a long time, it's just ridiculous.

I guess this thread is kinda redundant, but everyone deserves at least one rant thread :p

13. wut...

Theres the stash jar if you want more weed?

Lmao idk, this is the general section of the board sooo I would assume anything could be in here.

14. [quote name='"Meneks"']
    wut...

Theres the stash jar if you want more weed?

Lmao idk, this is the general section of the board sooo I would assume anything could be in here.[/quote]

I meant that as in "I ran out of weed, fuck my life I hate being sober" not a thread that has nothing to do with weed.

If that's what you're talking about, I guess I could've made that more clear in the OP

15. oooooh I see what you mean haha..
    Thought you meant, no content discussing weed.

Yeah I guess those threads are pointless, I mean I've posted some threads on some problems that I came across.

Not like everyday problems more like a car accident or something.

Forums in my opinion are a somewhat good place to exchange information that you wouldn't normally find using google.

But I can see what you mean

16. [quote name='"Meneks"']
    oooooh I see what you mean haha..
    Thought you meant, no content discussing weed.

Yeah I guess those threads are pointless, I mean I've posted some threads on some problems that I came across.

Not like everyday problems more like a car accident or something.

Forums in my opinion are a somewhat good place to exchange information that you wouldn't normally find using google.

But I can see what you mean[/quote]

Making a thread about a real/serious problem is fine, it's the ones that can be fixed by turning 18 and moving out of your parents house that need to stop lol.

And forums are a good place to have issues resolved, because you can talk to people who have been in the same situation and find out what they did

17. I think the people that posts thoooooooooose threads are looking for an easy way out of those instances haha.

But I would have to agree with you..
    I also think the threads about trekking the whole country with only backpack are a bit funny as well

18. It can sometimes be amusing reading awful advise to people's problems.