Why is it that

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by New Yorks Finest, Jan 20, 2014.

1. #1 New Yorks Finest, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
    Gamers who have YouTube as a primary job are the least passionate about their jobs? They basically leech vids off eachother, upload occasionally, re-use gameplay, and somthin always happens to their connection every 2 weeks so they dont upload LOL. And just overall produce low effort contentOn the other hand, the smaller channels put in WAY more effort than the bigger ones and seem to enjoy what they doam i the only one who noticed?Sent from my Prism using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I have noticed that, expecially that last one about their connection problems lolWhen You Smoke Enjoy Nature â–¡â–¡â– â–¡â–¡

3. I know a lot of people like watching Let's Plays out of boredom, but if you spent less time watching other people play games and spend more times actually playing games yourself, you will be a better and happier person. 

4. It's their primary job? How much are these guys making? They probably live with their parents.Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

5. If you get alot of subs and run adds you can make a profitable monthly cheque without putting a whole lotta effort, dont get me wrong at first you will need to work HARD to get those subs but once u have alot u can go easy unless u fuck up and ppl start unsubbing or not watching ur vids/ads/

Its a business just like any other business, if you dont like it dont give them your business that simple. 

6. I never understood why people watch gamers on Youtube.

Seems quite boring to me. Every time I've tried I would always pass out or stare blankly at the screen and daydream due to lack of interest. Of course you can't say this, because then the fanboys would just blatantly start rioting. Similar to how people act here if you say one small thing against marijuana.

It's pretty ridiculous, but that's just how society works.

7. if i had to guess, i would say because they never learned what work is. editing and uploading a video to them seems like a pain because its the only work they know. small youtubers put in more effort because its a hobby, they enjoy making videos and interacting with their audience. on a side note, i cant stand watching people play games, i cant imagine a more boring activity. 

8. most channels that get 500k+ views on all their videos within a few days of release are also partnered / paid by youtube networks that have like a team of channels I guess you could call it. So viewer ad revenue + salary from network = enough to live off of for most of the high notoriety youtube channels... a good chunk of youtubers make 6 digits a year

9. [quote name="SmOkiepokie" post="19375635" timestamp="1390251278"]It's their primary job? How much are these guys making? They probably live with their parents.Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum[/quote]More than enough, the biggest channel makes about 1.2m/year Sent from my Prism using Grasscity Forum mobile app

This. There's literally 1 LPer on Youtube I can even stand to watch for more than 5 seconds. 

If your channel gets 1000 views on an LP, you're more likely to respond to comments than a video with 500,000 views and 10,000 comments. 

11. some make more then doctors lol.

12. People posting videos on youtube of themselves playing games make 6 digit salaries doing so? Damn, and here I am busting my ass for 9 bucks an hour doing construction. FML...

13. Isn't something supposed to be happening this year on youtube that will effect how much those guys like "Pewdiepie" or whatever make on youtube?

14. I make videos as well but I'm lucky to hit 25 views on my gaming videos. It's always the RL videos that get views.

Sent from Divineknightsclan.com under a tree.

15. [quote name="Skywalker298" post="19386212" timestamp="1390410125"]Isn't something supposed to be happening this year on youtube that will effect how much those guys like "Pewdiepie" or whatever make on youtube?[/quote]I cant stand pewdiepie, hes always jacked up off Red bull acting all childish. I enjoy more chill commentators like 402Thunder402 Sent from my Prism using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Don't they get like $5 per 1,000 views or something?

17. Becauae its an easy way to make.money silly.
    And thus is america! Few people are actually passionate about their jobs anynore

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. If you get enough views yoitube pays you for adds

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app