why is it that i regret EVERYTHING

Discussion in 'General' started by antoniown, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Well not rly everything but a lot of stuff like i always do something then think about it later and im like wtf i should of done it this way and it stresses me the fuck out like i cant think right in the moment and it sucks living like this

2. why trip over some lil bullshit? move on homie

3. Ha I know what you mean. Like when I start arguing with people I always look back at what i said and find all these ways that I could have been a smartass. But life goes on. Learn from your mistakes.

4. you shouldnt regret any thing you do or have done. realizeing we all have our dark sides being a part of part of us makes us appreciate our good sides. when you have that balance you learn to become a happier person. what ever you've done in the past reflecs who you are in the future, you can then learn later what youve done wrong and when your put in the position to do it again you figure out how to do it diffrently. lol i learned that from xena.

5. Me too. I seem to let what I'm feeling in that current moment to throw me off a little bit, especially if I'm angry.

6. Whatever doesn't kill you just makes you stronger!

7. Ahhh, I've been here. It's a difficult prison to break out of, but you really have to.

Think of it this way: in 5 billion years, the sun is going to explode and consume the earth in a sea of radioactive nuclear fire, destroying the few vestiges of life that still remain.

Who then, is going to care if you said something that was not quite right, or could have been said or done better? Who, if they're a cool, awesome person that's chill and someone you'd want in your life, is going to care in a week? Or a day? Or an hour? And why should you? If you've fucked up in some way, if it's small, don't worry about it and if it's big, find ways in which you can make it right and then leave it in the past. Haters gonna hate, so fuck 'em. No-one who cares for you and who you care for is going to judge.

Life is way, way too short to worry about things like this, bro. chill. :smoke:

P.S. Have you tried meditation or breathing techniques to relax? That helps me a lot when I'm feeling stressed or panicky. :)

8. You should read this antoniown How To Stop Regretting The Past And Start Building Your Future

I hope it helps you out:)

9. The dumb dwell on the past, the smart move on.

10. hope all is well with you bruh.

just breathe.

keep your head up high.

never let your the past be your present.

its the past for a reason.

you made the decisions.

u created the path.

just follow through it.

11. Yeah - I know what you're sayin. I just concluded I was a total fucking piece of shit and so I'm always pleased when I don't fuck something up or do something stupid. Having low expectations of yourself pays rich dividends. My philosophy is - "fuck it". We're all gonna get thrown into a hole or a furnace eventually so in the meantime, I'm not gonna waste my time and energy kicking my own ass over shit that don't amount to a fart in a windstorm anyway. Fuck it!

12. #12 antoniown, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yeah man i should be like this thats why i smoke it makes me forget about my regrets and i have a lot but ive become a better person and found out im a complete asshole to people once i think about the shit i say

13. I suffer from recurring negativity. When I get high, though, I think about all the good things about myself and I feel like a god. I try to remember those things when I'm sober to break myself out of a funk. On the other hand, I'm also of the opinion that a certain amount of negativity in your life is a good thing. Negativity breeds dissatisfaction, which breeds action to change for the better. I was fairly overweight for a few years and I hated it so I changed it and lost 70 pounds. If I were an extremely positive person, I would still be sitting my fat ass at Burger King.

14. Coganative therapy may be helpful. You may be able to obtain this therapy for free, or on a sliding scale, from the psychology or social work dept of your local college or university.

The students have to practice on somebody:)

NAMI | Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy

15. nobody lives a perfect life. dont be mislead by the smiles. everybody needs a good cry every now and again and if your going to cry, do it for someone else, never cry over yourself

16. #17 antoniown, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Wow dude i was thinking about this too i used to be real happy playing video games all day and eating and not talking to ppl but then i started smoking and it made me change so much i wish i would of changed my life earlier cus i regret everything from when i was 10 to being 15 sure i was happy but i was really pathetic

17. no matter how much u think about the past, it aint gona change, so why let it fuck off the good vibes of ur day?:confused::wave::smoke:

18. Maybe you suck, bro.

19. Your being too hard on yourself. If you mess something up, life gives you another chance so don't waste another day idling. Good luck :smoke: