Why is it so hard to get that Your and You're are different?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by BongBreaker6, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Most of the posts on GC aren't really that bad. When I see misspelled or incorrectly used words I stop reading that post...

2. Nowhere near as annoying as when people use then and than interchangeably.

3. I stop taking what someone has to say seriously if they are incapable of articulating it with proper grammar. You just sound stupid.

4. Yeah well you are kinda forgetting English isn't everyone's first language on this forum.

5. Which is why I don't care when people mess up too/to, where/were, or leave out/add a letter. Those are, potentially, cases of typos (combined with bad form for looking at your hands, not the screen). But, a lot of the mistakes made aren't typos, they're genuine ignorance. A couple of letters and an apostrophe off from what you were going for isn't a typo anymore. It happens because you don't know the difference.
    Don't know the difference --> learn the difference --> get it right -- takes all of a minute or two, and lasts a lifetime.

6. I hate that shit too.

It's 1st grade stuff that 90% of the people on this site chose not to learn..

7. Why hate? Chill Out everyone

8. most peepul hoo critisize people for there grammur en spellun on ze interconnectamadedwebz, i have notissed r sellf consoomd pompous asswholez