Why is it so hard to get a job?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jackattack, Mar 9, 2006.

1. I filled out a bunch of applications so far and I have yet to get one phone call. Is this normal?

2. Yes unfortunately. I have applied a few places, Submitted resume's for open positions and probably only 10% responded with some sort of letter, and that's including the ones that I had an interview with.

I don't think it is good for an employer to do this, i think it is bad practice and rude IMHO.

3. And what sucks is that it takes like 30 minutes to fill out an application. They say they are an equal oppurtunity employer so why do they ask so many personal questions like race and previous jobs and if you went to jail and etc...

4. haha i feel ya.. kinda like your watin ya time for nothin, i hate that...

5. No kidding, the husband and I have been activly searching for work for over a month now... all we keep getting is B.S. "Open your own business with investment" type crap!! It's very disheartening... I'm actually considering going to be a pizza delivery driver just so we can get some cash flow!!

~ Terpsichore

6. i hate the times where jobs are slow....hopefully ill be able to still fill in for summer help when summer break comes

btw: make sure to follow up on those applications after a few days, that sometimes helps

7. china stole all of our jobs. cmon bush!! :mad:

8. For one they are not allowed to ask what race you are.
    For two the economy sucks right now and there are people out there with more qualifications who are willing to work for less pay because they are getting desperate.
    And Three if you really want a job you need to be calling them and "yes I was just calling to check on my application"

9. check your local newspaper help wanted ads, you should definitley find a job there they always have them

10. just keep your chin-up and your chest out, wear clean clothes and brush your teeth. beat the pavement man. just do it , dont give up

11. yeah i filled some many applications out like 30 or 40 before i got my first job now i have no problem since i have experience.

12. Blue-collar.

As long as the wealthy consume, i'll have work :D

13. call them back

And Three if you really want a job you need to be calling them and "yes I was just calling to check on my application"