Why is it so annoying

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by OvaltineJenkins, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Why is it so annoying to find a car on a budget of say 3-4 thousand dollars? Jesus H Christ. That is all

2. What are you looking for? I'd suggest a Volvo. You'd easily be able to pick one up in good condition in that price range. Look at the S70s and S40s.

3. Find someone you know who buys cars at auctions and send them with instructions to get the best thing they can for what you have. It's easy. Also, you might try auto trader online, and if you're willing to make a trip a few hundred miles your options open up alot.

4. Thats not very specific , what are you looking for? Try craigslist?

5. My last car was $300. She was stolen in less than a month. Who steals a $300 car?

6. Someone with only $299

7. Do you have any friends who are car-savvy? They should have connections or at least be able to find something good on CL pretty easy. I do it all the time for my friends/family.

8. keep savin up then eventually the wait will be well worth it

if you get like 5 thousand or so you can prob find a decent camaro 93 - 97 least thats wut i would do

9. i wouldn't suggest car auctions unless you're an ace mechanic. they don't even let you see if they run at most of them. a lot of dealerships keep a few super cheap cars on hand. but my number one piece advice is be picky. wait until you find that one car that just screams at you to buy it. and definitely get it checked out by a reputable place, and get a vehicle history report.

10. because of information asymmetry

11. yeah and manuals are cheaper too...so try looking for one of those

12. Rent a car.

13. 3 to 4 grand will give you like a month.

Scour CL, know what you want, 3 to 4 can get you a pretty decent car if you know what you want

14. #14 Spyder, Apr 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2011
    Decent Civic= 2k. Vtec engine= 2k. give or take some and give it a while of searching and it's do-able. You'll need to know a few things, but those engines are cake to swap.