Why is it "cool" to be drunk?

Discussion in 'General' started by 3XL, Nov 1, 2012.

1. I see so many people posting facebook pics about them drinking, or wearing shirts like "Sorry, were drunk" or "I swear to Drunk im not God"

Just bothers me, especially how alcohol companies are owned by goverments and regulated with age limits and everything. Taxed like crazy, and its weird thinking what Alcohol really is. Plus, people actually LIKE drinking that liver eroding poison. You dont see many people talking about how its cool to smoke weed, although it may be growing and i've seen some bong rip pics on facebook recently. But it's still not the same. Whats up with this huge marketing for making alcohol seem cool? Ladies in commercial wearing bikini's, frat guys etc. Just so un-appealing.

What are your thoughts on this, and alcohol in general?

2. Alcohol is fun just like any other drug but to much of it is bad just like any other DRUG. The way it's glorified is annoying though I can agree with that.

3. I hate alcohol. I refuse to drink it, except for 21 celebrations and even then it's a minute amount, but I have no qualms with the people who do... unless they say something about my pot smoking, then I bust it out.

Also, drunk driving makes me so mad.

4. cheap, addictive, poison

cheap in the sense almost anyone can afford alcohol, which puts money in the governments pocket

addictive, more money in their pocket

poison, you eventually, if you drink in excess for too long, will suffer because of it, then big pharma swoops in to feed you more poison which is once again, money if the govt's pocket

5. Who says drinking makes you cool? Lol. Personally, I rarely drink. I think people just like to show off for some reason. To me if you're always posting shit about being drunk or stoned (to Facebook, not here of course lol) you're starving for some attention. Especially girls. That's how I always take it anyway... Not to say that's the case, it's just how I take it.

I guess I'm just not cool since I'm not a big drinker :) but I'm okay with that :)

6. you ever been to, or been around a college?

Drinking is an Olympic sport to those people

7. [quote name='"SIRSOG"']

you ever been to, or been around a college?

Drinking is an Olympic sport to those people[/quote]

Fuck bro I know I'm in college. I'm just not into it.

8. ive lived in a college town for 23 years lol...

on my way to work this morning people were still helping eachother walk home.... almost 9 AM...

drinking is ridiculous... i drink... but... generally not just to get drunk hahahaha i love me some high quality beer

9. [quote name='"SIRSOG"']

ive lived in a college town for 23 years lol...

on my way to work this morning people were still helping eachother walk home.... almost 9 AM...

drinking is ridiculous... i drink... but... generally not just to get drunk hahahaha i love me some high quality beer[/quote]

Seems like a waste of time to me. I'd much rather sit at home with my bf, blow a few joints, maybe hit the bowl a few times, and just kick it. I will drink every now and then but not often. Like yesterday they all got wasted and now today they'll be paying for it all day... What's the point? Especially when I can smoke all day and not have a hangover or anything the next day, you know? Idk I'm just not into the party scene I guess... Non-typical college girl I guess lol. Really just non-typical girl in general haha.

10. I cant smoke currently lol

and by "i love me some high quality beer" i in no way implied i party hard lol

2 beers isnt partying hard at all, i do get drunk from time to time if the occasion arises, but meh, i dont try to, i dont go out of my way to hahahhaa

11. Soggy parties like a rockstar.

12. [quote name='"SIRSOG"']

I cant smoke currently lol

and by "i love me some high quality beer" i in no way implied i party hard lol

2 beers isnt partying hard at all, i do get drunk from time to time if the occasion arises, but meh, i dont try to, i dont go out of my way to hahahhaa[/quote]

Yeah no no I knew what you meant about the beers lol. If I drink, it's not because its good. I drink to get drunk lol. But smoking tastes good to me...as long as the bud is good though (I don't smoke cigs). Idk how you feel about not smoking, but I'm sorry for you regardless lol.

13. If i wasnt on probation i would be smoking it as usual lol but i prefer not to be in jail

14. cus college kids are broke booze is cheap entertainment

15. [quote name='"SIRSOG"']If i wasnt on probation i would be smoking it as usual lol but i prefer not to be in jail[/quote]

Lmao I feel you 100%. Not worth jail...I don't think anything is lol.

16. Im a toker not a drinker....
    I swear people who drink talk so much shit about me smoking weed. It annoys the hell out of me. It's Drinkers like that, that make drinking so uncool

17. I don't think it's any "cooler" to be drunk than stoned, some people just have fun when they're drunk with buddies.. as long as they aren't being destructive what's the real harm?

By and large though.. lots of people drink too much or too often and get belligerent :(

18. I disagree with booze being cheap. Maybe in the states, but here in Canada it's going to cost WAYY more to buy beer or any alcohol than it is to get some weed. Anyone from Canada can back me up on this

19. One of the things i cant stand about drinking is that it always a contest to see who can drink the most. I dont wanna waste the next day puking and sleeping, fuck me right?

20. well im from the states and wasnt talking about canada..