why is it common for people to not get high their first time

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by munchymeiser900, Dec 11, 2011.

1. its happened to me and almost everyone i know but why? is it because ur body is not used to it or wat. are the receptors in ur body meant for marijuana not used to getting thc?

2. i think it's because they don't know what they are doing. i got high my first time ever touching weed.

3. Because cannabis is a placebo. You can't really get high from it. You just think you do.

4. I didn't get high my first time because I was not inhaling right.

5. Because they're so high, they can't even tell they're high. They're minds just not even aware of the change in sobriety. I smoked quite a bit of weed my first time and certainly didn't feel very high, mostly felt like placebo because I thought I must be high.

6. Depends on many things.

Everyone has different dosage levels.
    Some people don't inhale correctly.
    Some people are unaware they're high (like my first 10 times)
    Some people get too high and puke first time.

7. Well i didnt get high my first time because i smoked it out of a cigarette with the filter on (my friend was an idiot and said it would work). i just got placebo. But i did inhale correctly.

the second time i smoked though i got so high that i had a panic attack, probably because i wasnt expecting the high to be that intense since the last time i didnt really feel anything

8. lmao, oh my god dude.

9. The first time the receptors are activated the thc cannot pass through the blood/brain barrier.

Also, I'm full of shit and don't really know

10. Some people try to make it out as some kind of breaking in process in your brain, but I think it's far more likely that most people don't inhale right, don't smoke enough, or smoke shit weed their first time. I know for me it was the final one.

11. I did not get high the first 2 times. First time was failing at inhaling from a redbull can lol.
    2nd time was a brownie but eh.. it had really low dosage I think. I did not feel anything.

Then I acquired a bong. And the first day I used it I went in space. Oh Yeahhhhh
    So it is probably just amount and not knowing what they are doing

12. Same happened to me my first couple of times. I couldnt feel it. I think it has to do with your brain cannabinoids receptors not knowing how to take the cannabinoids of weed. I think the more you smoke, the more cannabinoids receptors you build.

13. Idk about you guys but i was a fucking vegetable my first time

14. I hit a bong my first time...no way was I not gonna be high after that..

15. i didnt even know what the fuck i was doing the first time i smoked weed. my friend was like "try this it gets you high" and i had a terrible day and was like why not..daaaaamn i was goooone!

16. This is what it was for me. Shit weed, didn't know how to inhale properly, only got a couple decent hits.

Second time was some really dank stuff, and I was told how to inhale properly.

I got high as fuck

17. My first time, I don't think I got high. I was smoking from a can and it was shwag, but I was certainly inhaling it; it was my first time smoking anything and I coughed like a... really sick person.

18. My first time... i got fucking ripped and went to sleep lol

19. If you smoke marijuana, and inhale properly, you will become high.

People do not NOT get high if they smoke properly, even if its their first time.

The only people who don't get high their first time are those who are not inhaling correctly. Light it, breathe in, INTO your lungs, hold it, and exhale. It's simple.

20. I got relatively high my first time. But not that high, mainly because I wasn't inhaling the smoke deeply. Many people, like me, are hesitant or scared to inhale the smoke dramatically (like people who know how to smoke).