Why is Israel aid exempt?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SmokinP, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Why is Israel aid exempt? - Opinion - Al Jazeera English

Israels $3bn military aid untouchable whilst their are cuts to budgets that affect AMERICANS ?

Only Ron and Rand Paul have the balls to call for cuts to Israeli aid and we have seen the attempts by the AIPAC scum to discredit and smear them because of this...

America wake the fuck up please...
    Look after your own and cast off the leech on your finances that is Israel...

2. Wow, really? Only the Pauls? Less than half of one percent of our Representatives?

Mind bottling.

3. Calling Israel a leech is disingenuous. Whether you agree with the aid or not, you have to realize that it is being given to Israel voluntarily. Using the word "leech" makes it sound like Israel is taking it by force, and they're not. Just sayin'.

4. That dude is debatable...:)

The influence and power that AIPAC have over US politicians is frightening...
    Why is that only the Paul's are brave enough to speak out ?

What do you make of AIPAC ?

5. What is so frightening about it? Are you insinuating they have some sort of coercive superhuman powers that make American politicians bow to their will? Since that would be bogus, here is my exact point: don't be mad at Israel, be mad at your own politicians for giving them the aid. Israel is not taking the aid by force, US politicians are happily handing it out, and there is your problem.

I don't care for their ideology, but this notion that they "control" the US is nothing but a modern rehashing of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, especially when compared to the real power of the Oil lobbies. Don't you find it a little freaky that a Saudi Prince partially owns Fox News?

6. American Israel Public Affairs Committee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

AIPAC wage considerable power in US politics...
    Don't you find it strange that a lobby group who represent a foreign country have such influence amongst the US political elite ?

Do you think aid should be cut to Israel as the Paul's have called for ?

What do you think of Ron and Rand Paul ?

Please answer all the questions...:)

7. Well, maybe if we vote more Pauls into office things might actually improve?

8. Now your talkin...

Has Ron anymore offspring ?:)

9. You've said that already, and I responded saying that their "power" is only effective because it provides incentive for US politicians to participate. Their methods of functioning are completely legal, all they do is raise money through voluntary donations. To make any type of claim that they "control" US politics is not only absurd, but it also lets the politicians who choose to support AIPAC off the hook for their actions. You have a beef with these politicians, not with AIPAC.

It is rather funny that you say that and then point to AIPAC, when the Oil lobbies have much more sway in US politics and operate more or less in far more obscure ways than AIPAC, which is rather straightforward. If you think the oil lobbies don't represent foreign countries, you might want to ask yourself how the Gulf Arab states are building man-made islands and such and are so goddamn filthy rich. Given that their only economic profit comes from oil and the US is one of the biggest customer and consumer of that, there's your answer.

I've already answered this question, to you, probably more than once. As long as they cut funding to all of Israel's nutty enemies as well, go for it.

I usually keep everything "Republican" about a yard-stick away, I think it's silly for Ron to associate himself with that party, not that the dems would be any better, but that's kinda my point. Ron Paul has some good ideas but word on the street is that he isn't too big on gay rights. I could be wrong though.

10. interesting to bring up the "protocols" one of my ancestors was responsible for "translating" the garbage into english...not a shining moment in family history. i think i'm the only one in my family to put it together (genealogy is a hobby of mine) and i don't really bandy it about...cept to youse guys that is.

back OT: i think that AIPAC is a major reason that the aid goes to isreal without stop. can't blame them for knowing how to buy politicians, i don't like that what amounts to a foreign entity influencing american politics as much as they do, but DUDE is right its our own soulless politicians that have the lions share of the blame. don't vote for people who accept contributions from them.

11. #11 SmokinP, Mar 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2011

Sadly US citizens seem to be so sucked into the Bloods V's Crips crap that they don't seem to care what the fools do once in office...

Only Dr. Paul seems to see what is going on...
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uwDVQiPOZM&feature=related[/ame]

12. Funny you mention that..

Source: Freedom Under Siege, by Ron Paul, p. 14-15 - Dec 31, 1987

13. MJU, this is too post-modern to be taken seriously. Gays are oppressed today, that is a fact. Pretending that is not the case will not fix the reality. Unless I'm missing something, it seems like he is advocating ignoring the real chasms between these aspects of society, and ignoring them won't work. we need to work through the prejudices, not around them.

14. what the fuck do gays have to do with aid to Israel?

excuse my language.

15. I guess it's too complicated for some people to read even a few posts in between how the subject changed and the OP :confused:

16. Well you could say that they are in the same collective group mindset, believing that individual rights don't mean anything anymore... but in this thread it's just because it got off-topic.

17. #17 Count Homer, Mar 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2011
    One,the Israeli's have done an excellent job of lobbying for 60 plus years.

Two,they were the United States main ally in the Middle East during the Cold War,basically holding the Soviet allies of Syria,Egypt,and Iraq in check so the US could get things done in other parts of the world.

Three,many Israeli's are dual US citizens.

Four, The rise of Christian Zionism in the United States since the founding of the State of Israel. Agree with it or not,many,if not most conservative Christians,see the creation of the State of Israel as fulfilling Biblical prophecy. The Republicans would be cutting off their nose to spite their face if they cut aid to Israel,as conservative Christians make up the bulk of their constituency.

Five,three of the most populous states in the union,California,Florida,and New York have substantial Jewish communities. You're not going to get anything through the house cutting aid to Israel without Congressmen in districts in those states behind you. It's not going to happen as they would be committing political suicide by alienating a voting block that large.

Six,see Five. You can't win the Presidency w/o carrying at least two of those states.

You've got a long fruitful alliance,a large pro-Israeli voting block across the country,and Congressional and Presidential demographics all favoring the Israeli's. In the words of Dick Vitale,"That's the Trifecta,Bay-bee!!!"

18. He is saying don't treat people as (race, sex, sexual pref) but as people and your finding beef with that?

Ok

19. Not to mention all of the Muslims who hate us due to our support of Israel.