Why is Islam making a huge deal about the mockery video?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Iceman420, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Having my experience being part of the Jewish faith, yes, discrimination, mockery, etc, sucks big time.

Note the fact that I don't believe in any discrimination or mockery of any kind, but why does it seem that when Islam is being made fun of, large groups get riled up? I mean, for god sakes, even some of the Muslims in Afghanistan are threatening to kill some of the Christians(in Afghanistan) who haven't done anything.

I understand when religion is mocked in the USA, it does get news coverage, but you never see many Christians grouping up and causing mass hysteria.

I'm pretty sure many of you know I'm asking this because of the recent Libya attack on the US Ambassador. For G-d sake, he even helped the rebels and now they turn against him in a second? Just for a low budget, and shitty, film?

Just something isn't adding up.
    Is it because there are more countries more heavily influenced by Islam than anything else?

2. Every religion has it's extremists. Muslim extremists, worldwide, are probably more brave than any other type of zealots.

Governments that are weaker than America's are probably responsible for the influence and lackluster in responding to tragedies like what happened in Syria.

3. OMG !!!!! dude this is what the Media wants you to percieve. how do you indeed know that the reason for the protests are due to that movie? are you there where its all happening? no.so dont follow like a blind sheep.

4. then what's happening?

5. :rolleyes: The blind sheep would be the extremist idiots that are called to protest and do so without a clue as to why. :smoke:

6. #6 Ganjahoarder, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2012
    They cant take a joke. Kill'em all. I hate a raghead!!!

Comments like this are not tolerated here. Mat369

7. My time in the Islamic world taught me that there are significant differences between our philosophy and theirs. So much difference that I do not even know if democracy could work over there. Just my opinion, but it seems to be malfunctioning at the moment. I recall a quote: "Do you believe in free speech?", "Yes, as long as it is does not involve religion." For many places in the world free speech is an entirely new concept and I believe it will be a very slow transition. Let us hope that we can all get along and respect each others opinions, right or wrong. I don't enjoy people speaking disrespectfully about my God, but I respect the freedom of speech (the American thing to do; what our forefathers, previous generations and many of my friends died for) and I feel it is not my place to judge/control people who feel differently than I do. Like I said, there are significant differences......

8. reported

9. Idk man they burn our flag and curse us constantly, but get offended by next to nothing, their prolly all just pussy terrorists.

10. Honestly, I think its less about Islam and more about an uneducated populous in the middle east. Some of the propaganda they get fed from an early age is just absurd.

11. [quote name='"epiclulziez"']Honestly, I think its less about Islam and more about an uneducated populous in the middle east. Some of the propaganda they get fed from an early age is just absurd.[/quote]

kinda like the dumbass americans huh? lmao

12. Generalise much? :rolleyes: At least he had a theory, where is yours. Or are you just casting stones in a trollish manner? :smoke:

13. Because Islam is cruise-control for ignorance.

14. ...he said, in a thread that generalizes in its title.

15. I would have been surprised if there wasn't a big outcry.

Muslim extremists are always looking for a reason to fuck shit up. Then again if I lived in a hut and wiped my ass with my hand I'd be pretty mad too.

*I realize this is not just Muslims, not trying to be derogatory towards Islam.

16. Islam is an Extremist religion.

which MUST be destroyed

17. U report me and u have a name like Cursed assassin... Kiss my f$)kin ass.

18. #19 xpixiex, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2012
    Reported.

[​IMG]

19. nice gif.