Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why is Indica so popular?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Michael, Dec 21, 2012.

1. I like both buzzes..sativa if i have shit to do and indica if i just want to zone out and drool on myself

2. The reason you like sativas because of time perception is exactly why someone with anxiety/stress would want to smoke a indica and chillllll. Sativa can get your mind runnning a little too fast if youre anxious.

• Like Like x 1
  3. indicas and sativas help relieve different symptoms for medicinal purposes

4. The answer is simple: they provide different highs. I understand OP doesn't seem to enjoy indicas, but that's just a matter of opinion. I love the whole spectrum, from sativa to indica and really love the variety of tastes, smells, and of course, buzzes. That has been the greatest thing about finally bothering to get an MMJ recommendation: access to a variety that I never had before. I had good connections before but it would be rare to have access to more than two or three different strains at one time. I didn't really notice a major dominance of indica then, although there was a huge purple craze like nobody had ever heard of it before and everybody also seemed to want Blue Dream.

5. Because people enjoy couch locking chillin. Indica is awesome, and so is sativa.

6. indica is easier & faster to grow, I prefer blends personally

7. Every time I pick up I end up with sativas, they're fine but I crave variety and indica is just a different high

8. Didn't read all the posts yet...but in response to the OP...

Indica heavy hybrids percentage-wise make more useable bud AND take less time to grow. They grow shorter and stockier, so you can get more plants in a smaller space.

But I agree with you. For recreational use, they are heavier and tend to couch lock me. I prefer Sativas -especially pure Sativas, but they take much more time to grow to maturity. They often grow tall and make big stalks. A lot more of their total biomass is not useable, so they are less cost-effective.

Consider if you are a grower and you are running an operation that could land you in prison...The risk is high. The profit margin must be as large as possible. Connoisseur smokers need to grow their own or have a friend who grows the more finicky, hard-to grow, strains....some of which are incredibly superior to common Indica hybrids.

9. The type of area can vary, it all depends on the demand. If the majority of people buying weed in an area don't have a ton of extra money for it, the quality is usually below average quality and variety is very limited (mainly indicas for maximum yield and profit).

In places where pot smokers are plentiful (recreational and medicinal), there is more incentive for growers and dealers to go through the extra effort of producing different varieties.

10. This. Except I dig that body high all day long. :smoking:

11. Most use it to chill after a busy day, non stoners especially and better for many medical users

12. You've raised a great question, I prefer having sativa as well. Needless to say I love a strong indica strain for helping me get to sleep after a hard days work. Both are great and have their own separate uses and times.

13. Growing, Indicas have higher yield.
    Smoking, they allow u to relax and not trip out (some people worry about bad trips, and just want to sit back and enjoy)

Personally I like I/S hybrids.

14. Fuck Indica, other than some OG Kush hybrid that I smoked before I could appreciate it, all I've had is Indica, it's all that's available where I live. I would absolutely love to try some Sativa, Indica is fine for being alone with my thoughts and curing my insomnia, but terrible for any social interaction whatsoever.

15. I think it comes down to tgevplant size if i was growing 4 monster 2 pound plants ppl would rather have a 2 ft bush then a 5-6 ft lanky beast

16. Gotta love the couch lock lol

17. Sativas don't really help with pain like indicas.

18. People dont aplreciate teuw sativas and like the narcotic highs off indica. That leave me feeli g tired and shitty

19. A good sativa wont leave you with the brain dead narcotic high of indica. I grow an d school lemon haze that is a pure sativa smoke all day and be happy!
    People all thought it was garbage....

Attached Files: