why is hydro weed more expensive

Discussion in 'General' started by highgrl1985, Oct 9, 2013.

1. why is hydro weed more expensive then reg soil weed? I buy a 8th for $20 and my guy says for hydro it's going to be $50 for a 8th. so is it more thc in the hydro is that why it's so much more expensive?

2. Because street prices dont make sense and street dealers are just making shit up half the time

3. Cuz dro is dro son! Gotta put uo the stacks lol he just wants more of your money.

Gen4

4. Your dealer is fucking you hardcore doggy-style with that price difference.

5. Legitimately hydroponically grown weed is (usually) more potent than cannabis cultivated out in the woods somewhere or weed that came from mexico. However most street level dealers put that label on weed just so they can mark up the price, when in reality it's just the weed you get usually.

6. but is it worth to buy it? I use weed to ease the pain in my back I got osteoarthritis and adhd and add and slight bi-polor so weed helps with all of that so If hydro will work better for that then I don't mind paying $50

7. Are you sure he isnt just using the term "hydro" for good bud? Sounds like you normally buy mids.

Sent from deeznutz using Grasscity forum app

8. no I smelled it and smoked some of the hydro before it is a different high but I didn't smoke much like 2 puffs

9. #9 Mungo ManToker, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2013
    The way it is grown is not what makes it a different high, unless by different you mean stronger which is plausible when speaking of hydroponically grown weed.
    It's probably the strain of weed that you don't often get, like if you usually smoke indica and the hydroponically grown weed was a sativa then it would feel like a different high.

To answer your original questions, yes, hydroponically grown weed could have more THC and CBD, but only if properly grown, cured, and stored.

edit: word mash

10. thanks I will have to try it once to see if I like it better

11. for that price mark-up (from 20 to 50$) it would have to be at least 2.5x more potent. Personally, I wouldn't buy it. But if you're truly curious maybe you could buy a gram of it and compare it to your normal weed before buying in weight.

For your symptoms (besides ADD, for which I assume a sativa strain would work better) I would try to find indica weed, or the stuff that slows you down and gives you a body high. Indica is high in CBD and other cannabinoids (chemicals in weed) that help reduce imflammation and reduce pain.

If I didn't answer your question fully, quote me and I'll come back to try and explain more.

12. ^yup to a degree, as long as you got decent genetics and a grower who knows what they are doin the medium doesnt matter. good growing techniques and a proper cure go a long way in how "dank" your weed is.

13. my last purchase was the body high and it didn't last long and it didn't cut the pain what so ever I like the head high cause I think that helps so much better with the pain. what strain is the head high is it sativa sorry if I spelled it wrong

14. #14 Mungo ManToker, Oct 9, 2013
    Yes, sativa is the heady high. Which... sort of suggests that some of your pain is psychosomatic. Meaning that you expect to feel pain and so you hurt more, or even in some cases is the cause of pain.
    Try to focus on things besides your pain and see if that helps. Do you notice that when you're distracted you feel better? Meditation can also be an effective way of finding the sources of your mental anguish if you're looking for ways to naturally ease your pain.

stay high :smoke:

15. The biggest question is , where are you located? That makes a big difference in price.
    For example;  here in Az I can get an oz of regs for 30 -50, an oz of the good stuff, dro or soil grown medical grade, normally runs between 220 - 320. :smoke:

16. #16 Matthewtrippy, Oct 9, 2013
    You buy mids for the 20 price? If so its probably some fire for 50 a 1/8 that's what I use to pay I pay 40 now

17. Hydroponic/indoor weed is grown at the perfect climate, soil/outdoor weed is dependent on what mother nature gives ya. So your paying for a guarantee(unless the person is a shitty grower) healthy nug.

18. Lol at this. Then why do i constantly hear ppl say help my grow tent is to hot or helpi burned my top cola. Your talking outa your rear end. Outdoor can be better than indoor and vice versa

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. The idea of indoor grows is to get the perfect climate to grow your bud. I know shit can get sloppy but that's what ppl pay for the idea that the bud is grown in ideal climate to be the best nug it can be. 

20. Eh your one of the folks who thinks indoor bud cant touch what good outdoor mother nature weed can do. Outdoor weed will blow indoor away

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app