Why is hemp still illegal?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by skurfy007, Jul 19, 2011.

1. #1 skurfy007, Jul 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2011
    Other than its use for a cover crop...

Industrial hemp :http://www.hemphasis.net/

Hemp and economy.. http://www.hemphasis.net/Economy/economy.htm
    "It's estimated that around 80% of living expenses go toward energy, including transportation, heating, cooking, lighting, etc. Millions of new clean jobs could be created using hemp biomass instead of our constantly dwindling and environmentally dangerous petroleum. Industrial hemp just wants a piece of the 80% energy pie. It's unfair not to include the most cost-effective and environmentally-safe energy source. It is downright stupid, costly and dangerous for industrial hemp to be illegal."

Why is hemp still banned? Why is it still banned when there is free hemp markets all over the world?

What are the real life situations that keep it illegal ? Job markets for example, they might have to learn to share with hemp. Wood, cotton, oil etc.. most if not all would have to share the market.

Hemp is no joke it has 25,000 uses and counting, can replace 10-20% of pharmaceutical medications, And can be mass produced using little money.

Is this the only reason? I beleive these lobbyist companies could still learn to share and use Hemp Alongside their own products. Example, gasoline could be mostly hemp..

But like that would happen..

Its sad that hemp fuel produces sulfur /ash free emission, and mass acres of hemp can reverse co2 .... , why cant we breathe easier.. i get disgusted when i see tractor trailers billowing smoke.

"Hemp needs to be freed, if you look at it as we are the only country not using it, That throws the world out of wack.
    We need to increase our export and really overhaul the whole industry to export mode.
    Hemp can be made in almost anything, its really amazing."

So what are these reasons that the government gives... Why are they so ignorant to the benefits.... IF all they care about is money.. grow weed ...its money on trees...:smoke:

We must revolt..:eek:

Hemp and big oil..

hemp can drive the greenhouse effect into reverse...this makes me sick inside that we as a country can allow this to pass us by..

http://www.hemphasis.net/Fuel-Energy/fuel.htm

Of course hemp is the brightest burning oil once used by abraham lincoln and it dries faster than soy ink.. But its okay.
    Were americans and we can freely drive our people into a hole! Because we remain ignorant of the super plant- the little plant that could!

2. Because our cops are too stupid to tell the difference between a fiber hemp crop planted as close together as possible to make the plants stretch as tall as possible, and some stoner's lovingly-tended, 3 foot tall, well budded indica! :confused:

(Somehow, the cops in the rest of the world manage it pretty well!)

Granny :wave:

3. Reasons why things that are beneficial in america are illegal = 0

Beneficial things in america that are illegal = large number

its like a game of cat and mouse, only the mouse has been dead for like 40 years and the cats still fucking trying to kill it

4. Or maybe because some people are too dumb that the plant itself is easily one of the most useful and beneficial plants in all of mankind

5. Too much money would be lost by scumbags if they legalized the hemp industry.

6. #6 Infinite Experience, Jul 20, 2011
    Because anyone can grow it. And the timber industry and clothing companies would lose a ton of money, and throw a hissy fit. And probably have another campaign saying "It's so terrible, and expensive, and will make you go crazy and rape white women"

7. Hemp is still Illegal because too many people think that it will get you high. And, unfortunately.....people lie and tell everyone it DOES get you high

get it?

:)

8. hemp fuel produces water as its only emission?
    proof please...

9. This. No one with any sense, like those who are in political office, still believe that marijuana/hemp is dangerous or anything.

They're just protecting the interest of big businesses, nothing more. The longer they can keep up the facade, the more money can be made. Who gives a fuck about people/unemployment/whatever.

We're talking money here. Profit. Important stuff man

10. Hemphasis.net ~ Hemp Fuel & Energy
    Hemp vs. Fossil Fuels
    Pyrolysis facilities can use the same technology used now to process fossil fuel oil and coal. Petroleum coal and oil conversion is more efficient in terms of fuel-to-feed ratio, but there are many advantages to conversion by pyrolysis.

1) Biomass has a heating value of 5000-8000 BTU/lb, with virtually no ash or sulfur emissions.
    2) Ethanol, methanol, methane gas, and gasoline can be derived from biomass at a fraction of the cost of the current cost of oil, coal, or nuclear energy, especially when environmental costs are factored in. Each acre of hemp could yield about 1000 gallons of methanol.
    3) When an energy crop is growing, it takes carbon dioxide (CO2) from the air, and releases an equal amount when it is burned, creating a balanced system, unlike petroleum fuels, which only release CO2. When an energy crop like hemp is grown on a massive scale, it will initially lower the CO2 in the air, and then stabilize it at a level lower than before the planting of the energy crop.
    4) Use of biomass would end acid rain, end sulfer-based smog, and reverse the greenhouse effect.

I cannot remember where i saw water emissions before but i think that might have been for pure oil im not sure..

11. Hemp vs. Fossil Fuels
    Pyrolysis facilities can use the same technology used now to process fossil fuel oil and coal. Petroleum coal and oil conversion is more efficient in terms of fuel-to-feed ratio, but there are many advantages to conversion by pyrolysis.
    Hemphasis.net ~ Hemp Fuel & Energy

1) Biomass has a heating value of 5000-8000 BTU/lb, with virtually no ash or sulfur emissions.
    2) Ethanol, methanol, methane gas, and gasoline can be derived from biomass at a fraction of the cost of the current cost of oil, coal, or nuclear energy, especially when environmental costs are factored in. Each acre of hemp could yield about 1000 gallons of methanol.
    3) When an energy crop is growing, it takes carbon dioxide (CO2) from the air, and releases an equal amount when it is burned, creating a balanced system, unlike petroleum fuels, which only release CO2. When an energy crop like hemp is grown on a massive scale, it will initially lower the CO2 in the air, and then stabilize it at a level lower than before the planting of the energy crop.
    4) Use of biomass would end acid rain, end sulfer-based smog, and reverse the greenhouse effect.

I cannot remember where i saw water emissions before but i think that might have been for pure oil im not sure..

Of course big oil has to be in the game..

12. #12 BMORE HiiiGH, Jul 20, 2011
    I was trying to find some were to post this vid so here it is. It's Joe Rogan so he may be talking bullshit lol

Skip to 3min...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70UhHO7nLEU&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

13. a very long response could be written
    but only one word is truly needed
    it is
    ignorance

14. This is our downfall as a country, Our people are not the ones in control, it is the mindless ignorant, crush kill destroy minds of our government.

:eek:

15. don't worry, everyone is ignorant

16. Because it would take over the timbur industry

17. I live in close proximity to Hearst Castle. Hearst was a good ole pal of Mr. Anslinger. If you don't know how Hearst played a role in marijuana legalization, you should check into it.

Although his family is in no way connected to the property anymore and Hearst has been dead for some time, I still raise my middle finger each time I go by the property.

What I find funny is that a couple of years (maybe more than a couple) there was marijuana found growing on the property.