Why is fresh bud starting to darken/turn brown after only a few days?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Agoutihead, Aug 4, 2012.

1. So we harvested a few days ago after 4 days of letting it air dry.

Everything was trimmed & put in mason jars in a cool, dry place & the jars have been burped once a day. (it's only been 2 or 3 days now)

It's obviously not cured yet, going to let it go for at least 2 weeks. The buds are not dry but slightly moist from starting the curing process. (The outsides of the buds were dry when we began to trim & jar.)

We could be totally nuts, but it seems the bud is starting to turn dark, some maybe even slightly brown?

Why is this happening & what can we do to keep that bright neon green color?

2. Im having the same problem

3. When you dry your bud it will naturally lose some color. There is no way around it. But the slower you dry the more color you can potentially retain. Next time try to extend the time you dry to around 7 days. Waiting to trim until after drying can help increase your dry time.

4. So what you are saying is that to short of dry time can deminish the thc amount?
    I have had product brown after weeks of curing and burping
    I just thought because it was bag seed it was just downtown brown strain
    Taste was amazing and nice high,
    Also does anyone know if Molasses causes browning because I used a lot of it in the beginning.

5. But I also wanted to add I never ever place wet bud in mason Jars (mold rot can happen fast) you want to be able to snap the stem instead of it just bending before you jar it up. It is more like 5-10 days if done slowly but some drys can happen fast depends on where and how you hang it to dry and surrounding envirorment