why is fox news channel so popular?

Discussion in 'General' started by weedzilla420, Nov 18, 2005.

1. i go to drudereport.com frequently to get news info because for the most part i don't think they are biased. they list the ratings of the major shows of the different news channels. foxnews channel always has significantly higher ratings than other networks such as cnn and msnbc. i think everyone would agree that foxnews is a very biased network run by a bunch of idotic right winged radical conservatives whose programming borders on being propaganda.
    i personally watch cnn usually and i will concede they are probably liberally biased to some extent but not nearly to the degree that fnc is conservatively biased. when an organization feels the need to constantly and incessently remind you that their network is "fair and balanced" i think that raises the concern of how credible they really are.
    so last time i checked bush's approal ratings were in the mid thirties and disapproval ratings in the sixties. so if the country for the most part is moving away from conservative extremism, why do they continue to watch overly conservative networks?

2. theyre the cheapest to carry for the cable operators, so a lot of small-time cable operators buy theyre programming instead of the real deal. whoa, i pulled that out of my ass but it seems like a valid excuse, right?

3. Here's the problem. Yes, FOX News is run by a bunch of "idiotic right winged radical conservatives". However, CBS, CNN, et al, are run by a bunch of "idiotic left wing radical liberals." So basically, you have to choose one or the other. Now, most people that fall under the demographic that watch cable news are more often conservative then liberal, hence more watch FOX News.

4. i understand your point but cnn is not nearly as biased as fnc, not even close.

5. Right on. + rep :cool:

6. I watch it occasionally. I dont really know why. I see the agenda, but i stick around just to get a chuckle. I feel guilty about contributing to the ratings, but i think its hilarious. I'm sure i'm not the only one like this.

heh heh.... sean hannity.... nuff said.

7. I agree Fox News Channel is biased, but so is every other major news organization. Each company has its own agenda and they will promote that agenda through thier network control news organizations in order to cull public opinion into their favor. It does not matter where anyone gets thier "news" , because most news is highly filtered and mesured for two things sensationalism and propaganda. It is these two things that contral what we see and hear about in the news.

8. i actually get high as shit sometimes and watch the ridiculous o'reilly factor and his narcissistic talk... cant stand the motherfucker but i get a good laugh out of it, usually thinking things like "THIS MAN IS RIDICULOUSLY RIGHT WING!"