Why is DWI OK to talk about?

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by oldskoolgrower, May 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Then have some back because I'm in a good mood.

2. wow thanks, that was more than he took. :wave:

Imagine the moderation that would be needed to keep kids from telling glory stories about driving fucked up?

It seems you have to draw a line somewhere on what was acceptable discussion what isnt, that may also cause problems.

The fights always break out where the line is drawn in my experience.

You'll have kids pissed their story got deleted, and people pissed about the stories that stay.

3. #23 Nathan, May 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2010

Can I has some?

Kidding, of course.

And about the OP, I completely agree with you. Since I'm young I experience this quite a lot. I never drive high, but it seems like my friends think it's 100% a ok to do. Nothing I really can do to change them but Wisconsin has a DUID law so that helps a little.

Enjoy the rest of your evening, blades.

4. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvTObqF3OD0]YouTube - Don't be a menace on the road.[/ame]

For the lulz

5. So is driving while stoned really as dangerous as driving while blitzed? I've never actually heard of any terrible accidents being caused by stoned drivers.

The Truth About Driving When You're High on Marijuana | Stop the Drug War (DRCNet)

I'm not advocating getting high and getting behind the wheel or anything, nor am I arguing with the OP about his suggestion, but I don't feel that stoned driving is quite as dangerous as drunk driving.

6. I don't think OSG or the OP meant to say it's as bad as drunk driving. In fact, I'm sure they know it's not close to as bad. However, even if it's not as bad as drunk driving, that doesn't excuse the fact that it's irresponsible and puts others at risk.

7. That's true enough. I just feel a distinction should be made between driving drunk and driving stoned for the sake of decriminalization/legalization/ect. All too often the casualties of drunk driving are used to reinforce the ignorance behind marijuana prohibition.

8. In my opinion driving while intoxicated shouldn't effect legalization in any way. People drive high. Period. Whether we have prohibition or not. It shouldn't be a factor in the legal status of Cannabis and if it is, why the fuck is Alcohol legal?

9. /signed

A component of making marijuana usage more mainstream and socially acceptable is abiding by mainstream and social norms.

One of those norms is not engaging in DWI activity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.