why is christianity still around?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by KAdernal, Jun 5, 2006.

1. which explains drug addicts and people's idea of material wealth. Oh no there's way to much evidence for christianity, you all choose to attack it and make disrespectful comments so I'm curious what your backround info is making christianity so "invalid."

But I've said what I said, and like I said your welcome to look into it or you can carry on with your sarcasm and comfort yourselves in mocking my religion.

2. burned. yet true.

its time for the world to embrace a new ideology, one that believes in the amazing power of people. when people work harmoniously it is a beautiful and spiritually prosperous, perpetual miracle; one that NEVER dies and one that can be agreed upon no matter what cultural background.

3. what the fuck are you talking about, explain yourself.

edit: do you even know how youre fucking religion came about? jesus was merely an inspirer, yes he did great things and was a great person. but the son of a fairy tale he is not. people chose to follow and worship him, and after his death he was glorified to a rediculous extent. when muhammed came after jesus, same theme happened to him.

do you believe every single word in a newspaper or magazine? no, becuase there is a bias from the writer. same fucking way with the bible. many many people wrote that who were pious, therefore they wrote what they wanted in order to promote their beliefs. so why would you take it literally? it has a good message: be good to your neighbor and blah blah but so does the koran. if you say you want "unbias" youre contradicting yourself, you contradicter you.

so please, please tell me how material wealth and addiction (things that have been around since the dawn of man) have anyfuckingthing to do with christianity.

i think its really funny when i think about "christ" "coming back", what if christians think its the second coming, and the jews think its the real messiah theyve been waiting for? who gets first dibs?

id say the jews, cuz theyve been waiting a bit longer, so get in line bucko, yall got the next prophet coming out the chute.

4. drug addicts?

why do you keep bringing weed into this first of all?

secondly, what idea of material wealth is that?

way to much evidence for christianity? care to explain any of this evidence that isn't in a 2000 year old book?

5. I was under the impression that the great dispute came from him not fulfulling all the signs of the old testament, but people believed it anyway because he was executed or something of the sort. Wasn't one of the prophecies that the savior was to be a great military leader?

6. putting faith into something tangable.."people want something tangable to grab onto" as i quoted before fromemagdnim13. dang nothing I've said is that difficult a concept to understand, but I understand it makes you feel safe to mock the religion rather then look into it without bias, as did I which is why I believe now. But I'm kinda tired of defending sarcasms and personal attacks. Dang if I supported any other religion would there have been such an amount of hate? (maybe, maybe not) I havn't even made an attack on anyone but look how serious and spiteful people got... lol I don't care if your intentions were hate or not you said what you said and have all made it very clear that your not interested in evidences or mature debate. I'm gonna get off the comp though for now and enjoy the day but I'll be back tonight hopefully to return to serious debate instead of nonsense and mockery. But I'm still happy as can be, that's what my faith does for me. I've heard this stuff preached at me (isn't that what your original argument was against?) before without any conclusive evidence other then criticism. haha I'm waiting for the "look he had to leave cause he didn't wanna defend it..." oh man have I defended it... but I don't need to reply to every little sarcastic comment.. I wanna go out and enjoy the SoCal sun while the day's still young :-D toke up homies talk to yah late

7. i just asked you to explain the evidences you believe you have.

and it's not your religion, it's all religions that i disagree with and agrue with. jump in line pal.

i haven't mocked you, merely shown the weaknesses in your chosen faith.

and scoob...very well put +rep for that.

that you contradicter you part killed me.

and i'd say the jews get him to. they walked all around that desert for 40 years and have been waiting so long. it's their turn to shine.

8. Dude, people have been giving you reasons nonstop for why they believe what they believe and arguments for their case you're just not listening. Yes, we may be a little sarcastic...but don't take that so seriously.

9. its a hell of a lot older than 2000 years buddy. the old testament anyway.

and J@ck, idk if you were talking about me but i was only making personal attack cuz your "defense" has more holes than a box full of buttons.

try bringing some of your own philosophy to the table, and maybe we'll debate intelligently. im not leaving out the sarcasm though, thats who i am.

10. Oh wow, sorry you missed the entire point of my post. Ill break it down for you. I was making a point that you contradict your religion, to show the iorny of religion as a whole.

I was simply stating the fact, that you so strongly believe in something, that you go against everytime you smoke.

Christianity isn't about being perfect, its about being more like christ, and using the bible as a set of guidlines to acheive that goal. I shouldnt have to be the one telling someone, who is so enlightened about the concept christianity, that smoking marijuana is clearly against religious scripture. Especially since you stated that I blatantly misunderstand christianity. I think you are the one whoe misunderstands it. I could go grab one of the many bibles in my home and find many scriptures dealing with drug use and doing things that harm your body and show you what i was saying, but its not really worth the time.

I was never trying to attack you or your faith, but you have said some stuff that Im going to respond to and I dont care how i come off anymore.

And yes there are perversions of our faith, like any.

Thats a direct quote from your post. So would I be wrong to say that you feel there are bad christians?

And i never said that christianity is for the perfect....I simply stated that why would I want to hear about a religion from someone who doesnt even have enough respect for what they believe in to live that lifestyle whole heartedly? Its 'religious' people like you who make me wonder how people could buy into the church, and even more want to be a part of it. You speak about being a christian and how it is for the perverts, and the wicked..... but shouldn't you be trying to make yourself a better christian? or are you going to continue to be a habitual marijuana smoker going against your churchs beliefs everytime you toke up.

I for one know that if i was going to be part of something, I would want to do it to the best of my ability. Give my all to do it the correct way. Not say, this is how jesus said to live, and im gonna do it sometimes. Thats a cop out, you are a follower, you should really stop talking about being a whole-hearted christian and start living that way.

Those who claim it will die out apparently havn't experienced whole-hearted faith in something yet.---- ha your a whole hearted christian? sure.

so tell me, what is it that i misunderstand about christianity?

p.s. I dont think you should be allowed to smoke marijuana anymore.:wave:

11. yeah, i'm a very sarcastic person as well. it's just who i am. if you can't deal with a little sarcastic humor, loosen up.

just took a stab at the number, really have no clue how old the bible is, but the new testament can't be much older than that.

12. ^^ nah yea i was just letting you know so that wouldnt be used against you in this debate

13. alright I hear yah, and I have brought my philosphy to the table in the first few posts but nobody decided to listen and i don't need to site them again thats just tiring. But look how many idfferent responses there are which one am I supposed to respond too? People have brought on to many random little disputes for me to respond to them all. I havn't seen anyone prove holes in anything I've said, just tangent on some other point. But I hope I'm not your sole resource for christianity cause I'm only one person and am thoroughly proud in what I believe. There's the whole internet, do some research talk to some christian buddies about all your little theoretical holes. I honestly don't have time to address every little issue that you all decided to bring to the table which is why I have stuck to the original debate. But I'm ver open to discuss it, if your genuinely interested other then jumping in the attack feel free to PM me I'll be back on later.

And again kaderma, don't judge me I have stated how it is that i smoke and do have a strong faith in christianity and you don't know me, don't state how i need to live. I understand you may be offended because i had a rebutal for you but stop making it personal. You have stated that you arn't christian in any way so how is it that you can judge me on such grounds? Dang and where did christians smoking weed become the issue? You arn't christian so you have no right to say what one should or should not be doing. Like i have said repeatedly, Christ is for the weed smokers, the junkies, the addicts, every christian out there will admit they sin in one way or another if they claim to be perfect they don't need God... but in your opinion why exactly is that against christianity? There's altering concious, which is up to debate, the whole live by the law, which is up to debate in this particular circumstance. Your (by your i mean everyone that brought up that issue not just kaderma) just following the masses in making that claim as you have said i am. Drugs as a whole is looked down upon because people put it above God. It's very easy to do so. But for me personally, God is my number one (and if me sitting here debating with you whole-heartedly aint evidence enough of that you arn't thinkin hard enough) and if drugs in any way interfered and became number 1 in my life, i don't know about you all but it's not for me, then i would drop it immediatley. Which i have done in the past, for years at a time thanks to God's help. If that aint good enough for you then I'll leave it simply as everyone has their issues.

I am human so when people start attacking me and my own faith personally, like kaderma has done repeatedly, yes that does become a big concern which is why i have stated "personal attacks." get back to the debate. Have a good day homies

14. it's funny how when someone loses a debate they start to criticize grammatical errors and things like that.

good looking out.

care to explain what you meant by drug addicts and our interest in material wealth?

and these evidences that you talked about.

15. you haven't really said much. you just contradicted your beliefs, and used evidence from a book that was written by people writing from memories of events.

and if your proud of your faith, quit smoking, be a better christian.
    have fun at the beach.

16. since you asked for your first posts to be read, fine.

1. thats the lamest reason to be religious. cuz you couldnt find evidence otherwise? are you kidding me? thats the excuse that anti drug propoganda feeds from.

2. wrong. pentacostal worshippers and catholics actively recruit new members. missionary work? yea exactly. we'll give you food and shelter, in return you have to believe in our god.

3. i dont know about the "hate" part, but if you believe the bible homosexuality is mentioned in three different books, and its not pro-gay.

4. wait, so you claim youre own sect of christianity now? whats it called?

5. boo hoo so christians are killed every day. people of every fucking category die every day. whooptyfuckingdoo.

6. just leave buddhism alone, you admitted you didnt know anything about it, and whoever Rick Warren is, he's an idiot. nature is the greatest challenge if one lives alone in the wilderness. it doesnt breed decietfulnees, it breed self-sustenance.

17. so right.

how can a religion see this as acceptable?

taking advantage of a person in a situation like that.

it's despicable.

18. This was the inspiration for the me starting this thread, how despicable the institution or religion has become. And all of j@cks posting has only strengthened to my opinion, that religious people are the biggest self righteous hypocrites.

Back to my original post. Now im going to state why I feel christianity will never fade away for many lifetimes. The religious freedom that we enjoy in this day and age, has made it possible for people to explore other religions. Back in the time when kings ruled, and nations had laws that made people practice the Kings religion, people got angry and rebelled. So if people aren't being forced to believe in Christianity, they aren't going to fight back against it..... yet. I think people need to start freeing their minds and explore other options.

19. Q: why is christianity still around?

A: its not, it died 2006 years ago.

next please. :p

"the only wrong path up the mountain is running around telling others their path is wrong."