Why Is A Ruthless Murderer Respected By Potheads?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by gsr, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Before i begin, let me start off by saying I am half cuban and live in miami (Which is basically Cuba Pt. 2), so there can definitely be some bias in my analysis of this guy. Take this into consideration before reading on.

The guy im referring to in the title is Che Guevara. You know, the guy who is celebrated as a a revolutionary; as a man for the people who wants change. Its funny though, because there are people out there who dont even know the mans name, so this pic might help you understand who i'm talking about:

[​IMG]

I can't even get on grasscity without seeing his face on a shirt they sell. What really pisses me off about this though, is how people perceive this man to be a freedom fighter, yet oppression and murder is what normally followed this man. Cuba had a semi-decent economy until he came and helped Fidel Castro assume the role of dictator in Cuba. He then executed war prisoners ruthlessly, sometimes personally, without holding a trial.

It was Che Guevara who brought about the Cuban missile crisis, because he told Fidel to bring the Soviet missiles to Cuba. He wanted them to be used against the United States, and was deeply outraged when the Soviets backed down. It was for this reason that Fidel eventually exiled him because he didn't need Che ruining his reputation with Russia.

Yes... This man was educated (Like Fidel) and he was a man who wanted to change the government and ensure that his people were educated (Like Fidel),  but he was a ruthless murderer. Why the hell are we wearing his face? Fidel was a rebel too, and he changed the government too like all the other dictators. Che killed any who didn't believe in his ideas. Thats a dictator people. SO WTF?!? This isnt even like wearing a Hitler shirt because people who wear crap like that are doing it in a satirical way. No.... people genuinely believe this man was a rebel without knowing anything about him.

DO YOUR RESEARCH, AND STOP SUPPORTING A MAN WHO DOESNT DESERVE IT.

tldr; Che is a murderer, so please google him before supporting him. He doesn't even like capitalism, so even if you DO support him, buying commoditized products bearing his face would piss him off.

2. I don't respect him. I do have a bit of a fascination with Osama bin laden though.

3. The whole concept of putting Che Guevera on a shirt and selling it probably has the man rolling in his grave.

4. ^thats yet another reason why people should stop selling that image. Whether youre with or against guevara, you shouldnt be buying things with his face on it.

Only uninformed people do it.

Hmmm... sarcasm, or is there a legitimate reason to be interested in him?

5. Thank you for sharing this OP. This is another person/topic that is given support by liberals who are uneducated about it along with being misinformed by other liberals who are uneducated and misinformed about the topic in the same way. The tyrants of Cuba achieved their dream of subjugating the people by their success in achieving the dreams of libtards like Di Fi, Nanny Bloomberg, Barrack Hussein, and the rest of the wannabe totalitarians in the government or hollywood. http://www.examiner.com/article/cuba-s-forced-amnesty-demonstrates-tyrannical-intent-of-gun-control

6. No, it's not sarcasm. I don't respect him, but I am fascinated. I read a lot into him in middle school. It's like someone who reads into serial killers, but I enjoy reading up on people like Hitler, Stalin, Osama bin Laden, etc.

7. #8 iAmBetty, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2014
    I never even learned about him in school or anything, or heard anything about him until now.. Just seen that picture

People respect him?

8. He is respected because he WAS a revolutionary, but for some reason people think that means he was a saint. He wasnt, and neither was any other true revolutionary, revolution is a very, very, very bloody affair.

He was anti-capitalism, he saw it as the root of the worlds problems, the greed accompanying it a poison on the world.

Its only natural he would support communism, as it instills the idea of equality. Unfortunately, it fails miserably off paper.

While he was willing to let innocents die for his vision of a perfect world, he atleast had the balls to fight back, even if he was misguided.

While I agree that the people who idolize him are mistaken, and he would hate what his legacy has become, saying he was just a murderer is a discredit to the man. He was considered a hero in Cuba, not just by Castro and such, but by the common folk. And the saying "one man's terrorist is another man's hero" is very true. And there is no denying that America sticks its nose where it doesnt belong and likes meddling in other peoples affairs. Thats what happened with the wars were currently in in the middle east, we harassed them for so long they finally said enough is enough. Just like Cuba did way back then.

While you can disagree with his methods, you cannot disagree with his ideaology, all he wanted, was people to be equal.

For the record, Im neither pro or anti Guevera, just neutral and pointing out some generally overlooked facts

9. Sometimes violence is needed. It's a shame it is though.

10. Che was Fidels personal executioner and murdered thousands of people who didnt agree with his communist ideas, including gays and children. The man was a sociopath.

11. I don't respect this fellow at all.... I do respect another murderer, chinggiz khan. He was ahead of his time.

12. Why do people respect and even idolize Barrack Obama? One of the worst serial killers of our time? He has murdered over 800 brown civilians including women and children with drones in the name of fighting terror. And the American people can't see that he is the terror!

At least Che Guevara had a real cause and wasn't just killing innocent people for money.

13. I agree with your perspective on the situation, but i wanted to point that cubans do NOT respect him. Fidel forces children to chant about him in school, and he is currently rewriting history in their books so that Che Guevara WILL start being respected, but those who lived through both times (I.E: My grandparents) despise him.

Fun fact: Cuba went from being a relatively decent place to live in, where americans like Hemmingway would even establish themselves at. Now, its not even legal to drink milk once you pass the age of 5, because the castro's own all the cows. Trust me when i say Cubans do not like him at all.

Only those looking from the outside that admire his "Balls" like him.

14. So much wrong in this post. I'm pretty sure the citizens of American know we're getting fucked by Obama. It's the media that is deceiving you.

15. There are a ton of ignorant democrats, like everyone in my family, who think that Obama can do no wrong. These people exist by the tens of millions. So no...nothing in my post is wrong.

Okay. They are called uneducated supporters, of course they're going to think like that. Still wrong.

17. Yes, they are wrong. I am not.

18. I've always preferred ignorant Republicans ...

19. I know what you mean. Here In L.A., millions of Mexicans wear the face of general Santa Ana. I dare them to wear that to the Alamo.