Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why is a blunt called an L

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Ashley59571, Nov 18, 2018.

1. It’s because blunts are also called el producto and it was shortened. Also if anybody on here that doesn’t know a blunt is called an L and has heard the song Lace Up by MGK, you need to listen to it again

• Informative Informative x 1

2. MGK sucks lol & an L is usually papers not a blunt :confused_2:

perfectjoint_8be408f9-0642-42ef-bb35-f5515616b1ea.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. I'm confused by this, for the last 35yrs I've understood an 'L' as a joint/blunt. Never knew about any foreign translations, it was always an 'L' or 'L' plate becuase of the shape of the papers prior to roll.

Not arguing :) just never heard it before :)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. cool looking roll hash. is that how you do it? I wonder, what is the point of the piece at the end, the L?

I think its a cultural thing or the area ur at..for example, when I lived in ct, it was called blunt.
    when I moved to texas it was called a sweet

philly blunt
    swisha sweets

I never got why they called a blunt an 'L' though

• Like Like x 1

5. You make it an L shape so you can add more weed man lol

The picture was of Google but that's basically what an L is, I've never known blunts to be called anything but blunts dude every where round the UK calls em blunts :laughing::laughing:

I think it's a bit like how people call weed different names it just depends where you're from

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yep thats exactly it. I know a lot of people in the US will call a blunt an L, heard it a lot back when I was like 18/19 but I haven't even smoked a blunt in years so definitely don't hear it as much anymore

• Like Like x 1
  7. Back in the day way before people were smoking blunts we called joints, "elbows" which was shortened to just "L" a lot. Nobody even knew what a nasty ass blunt was back then

• Like Like x 1
  8. Blunts are great if you're a tobacco smoker but I couldn't see myself ever smoking them if I didn't also smoke tobacco lol

9. Even when I used to smoke cigs, blunts were still nasty. I'm 110% tobacco free now.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. I'm even more confused lol :) I always understood a blunt as pure cannabis no tobacco? And a joint was the two combined? (hence the term 'joint'). I'm easy either way, just don't wanna look like a dick using the incorrect terminology lol

Sent from my SM-N950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. A spliff in Europe is where you mix weed with tobacco, a J/joint is just weed & a blunt is a tobacco leaf you roll your weed in

I suppose it's different all round the world just like the names people call weed.. some people call weed here in the UK "Pukkas" lmao

12. I enjoy smoking a blunt but only have them 6 maybe 8 times a year, I prefer to smoke a fat bowl then have a cigarette with my coffee :coffee::GettingStoned:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Reformed tobacco smokers are the worst. Cigs and cigars didnt bother me before I started smoking but now they do. Played poker Saturday night and the drunk guy next to me kept shoving his ashtray in my area of the table. After about the 3rd or 4th time of politely moving it I lost all politness....lol

He got the point.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Its the paper its an L you can you tobacco in an L skin it allows that bit more and with a fat end

You shoukd try a tulip there a right ball ache.

But it dont mean a blunt ive rolled many an L skin with tobacco and weed :)

hey it would be awsome if you could go here and like my pic please. Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Family

15. Oh uk has many word for weed or joint
    Zoot
    Joint
    Spliff
    Lskin
    J
    And other names ice heard ppl call cannabis
    Peng
    Leng
    Piff
    Draw
    Dope
    Dog shit (hash)
    Green
    Maryj
    Bud
    Weed
    Mong
    Loud
    Marijuana
    High grade

There probly alot more and different places in the uk give ot different names im sure lol

hey it would be awsome if you could go here and like my pic please. Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Family

16. whenever I read a news article from the uk I always wonder wtf are they talking about?????

for example the other day i was reading something and they said someone got into a row with someone....

• Funny Funny x 1

17. Row basically means an argument lmao

• Funny Funny x 1