why illegal?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by wheresthebud?, Apr 24, 2010.

1. I'm not sure, but i think this is the right place for this.
    So why exactly is marijuana illegal? It's not harmful; I mean damn. they give it to cancer patients. It would help our bad economy greatly. There would be less non-violent criminals in prison. Therefore, saving more money. So what is the actual reason that Marijuana is illegal in the US?:confused:

2. Correct. It should have never been illegal. Now go tell everyone. :hello:

3. Go check out the union, a documentary on cannabis. it will explain alot.
    but i will try to break it down.
    Basically a few rich white guys back in the day had metric shit ton of lumber, and acres upon acres of forests. Hemp was gaining ground as a cheap alternative energy. William Randolph Hearst and Harry Anslinger teamed up and wrote yellow journalism articles about how blacks and mexicans were smoking a new drug called "Marihuana"(a mexican weed, completely unrelated) and raping white women. So basically congress outlawed marihuana ALONG with hemp(unknowingly), making Hearst and Anslinger fucking rich.

fun fact, the first car was built with hemp fibers, and the plastic panels were 10X stronger than steel. WTF AMERICA

4. Well then why is it still illegal today?

5. oh lord, because big business doesn't want it to be, basically ALL energy companies, logging corporations, pharmaceutical companies...it goes on and on and on. Big business controls america, whether we like it or not.

6. Theres what he said in the post above mine, but it's more ignorance and conservatism, coupled with fear and the inability to admit your fucking wrong.

Grasscity Deals Near You