Why I will never wear silk again...

Discussion in 'General' started by Cuhpcakes, Apr 10, 2013.

1. That's the price of doing business.

2. Agree - unless theres another way

3. Vegans are fucking stupid, and silk feels fucking fantastic

4. kill- mor -worms

5. #6 Cuhpcakes, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2013
    The only humane way to acquire the silk is to use the cocoons after the Silk Worms are done using them, and provide them with proper living conditions.

6. Who gives any shits? Its worms...

7. As if I needed another reason to hate you motherfuckers.

8. So killing a cockroach is fine but suddenly a worm isn't? I find it funny how people don't mind killing creatures they don't like, and and act like they are fighting for animal rights. You care if you kill an ant op? It was a living creature too, why so senti about the worms?

9. #10 smokehound, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2013
    ...vegans, you do realize the domestic silkworm is incapable of surviving outside of human care, right?

These threads just reinforce my belief that vegans need meat really bad.

Life requires death. So simply because plants aren't sentient means they're fair game?

pretty damn ignorant, really.

From a biological standpoint, this "cruelty" ensures their survival as a species. Should humans disappear, these moths will become extinct. I can showcase an example of nature that outweighs any example of human cruelty:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerald_cockroach_wasp

unlike pepsis wasps which render their prey immobile, these wasps leave a cockroach's mobility intact, forcing a conscious active organism trapped while a ravenous grub eats it alive, avoiding vital organs to ensure the meat remains fresh. Only when all other portions of the cockroach are consumed does the grub kill its prey.

If you're gonna badmouth humans for taking advantage of other species, look into nature and realize the same thing happens outside of the human world.

Vegans are free to be idiots, but dont force your goddamn will on other people. That's what hitler did. :D

10. Wow op aldready got banned.

11. that has to be some kind of new world record

12. That's what I was thinking. :confused:

13. This is the problem with vegans, they cannot escape killing another organism for their own survival, it's just not possible.

And even then, you kill billions of organisms unwittingly anyway, so the whole concept of veganism is POINTLESS. Vegetarianism makes much more sense, at least they generally accept dairy :laughing: