why i want to go to hell

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by weedzilla420, Feb 1, 2006.

1. hey i was thinking the other day about religion and heaven/hell.

i used to be a christian but now i am an atheist and i don't worry about what will happen when i die. but just for kicks, i think i'd rather go to hell.

i think heaven would suck. since there is no sin there, there would be nothing fun to do. plus, think if god does exist, he is an asshole. i could write a book about why god is an asshole but i'll spare you the details.

anyway, i think hell would be fun. i do not believe it would be the place filled with the fire and nashing of teeth as described by the bible. christianity is the only religion that has that particular version of hell.

think about it, god is satan's enemy; satan is god's enemy. people who accept christ (satan's enemy) go to heaven and people who don't accept satan's enemy go to live w/ satan. why would he be mean to anyone who rejected his enemy.

i think hell would be a 24/7 party filled w/ beautiful women, drugs, sex, and rock n' roll.

so if it is indeed real...

...hope to see you all there:D

2. all the cool kids go to hell

3. I don't actually believe in hell myself, I think they are both a version of heaven...It's kinda hard to explain, but imagine it like this:

Heaven:I--------------------I--------------------I:Hell

depending on where you line up depends on where you go, if you're closest to the do good side you'll go to technical heaven, but if you're closer to the self serving "evil" side you'll go to technical hell, but in the end, you'll be right where you want to be, so wouldn't that qualify as heaven? Oh and the mark in the middle is purgatory, for those who either don't believe, or choose not to go either way, but I also beleive in reincarnations and a bunch of other stuff that would take pages of explaining, so I'll spare everyone... LoL I think it's always great when people start, or continue to think for themselves instead of letting other people tell them what's up.

~ Terpsichore

4. heaven is just a big lie so that the church can controle the masses.
    What do we fear as humans?
    for most people its death and or god.

I mean i go to a catholic school but i wont for 1 second believe in that bullshit.
    If you believe in an afterlife your just playing youself.

i mean like big said

"god will prolly have me on some real strick shit
    no sleepin all day, no gettin my dick licked" so true
    :D

5. dont forget about all the big boobed bitches aint worried about gettin' down, and there will always be a light

6. But what you don't understand is:

Heaven is more awesome, becasue it's your version of Heaven.

Hell is shit. Becasue you don't decide what you get.

So Heaven for me would consist of:

Women
    Drugs
    Fast things
    Munchies
    Nice People
    rizla (eternity super size pack)
    a personal waterfall
    A george foreman grill

But of course I'm a thiest, not an athiest a thiest. One who doesn't believe nor dis-believe, he sits in the middle untill either can be prooved.

7. i feel you,

but you cant have any of those in heaven, the only thing in heaven is perfection, and none of the things you listed are perfect, therefore they cant be in heaven, maybe in your version of hell tho :D

8. is that the same thing as being agnostic?

9. Spirituality is all about balance... i just try not to lean to one side too far and fall like i somehow continously do all the time. Like lean to far to god and you'll fall on your ass much quicker than the other direction. Just my views

10. Do you really want to go to Hell or are you just trying to diss heaven?

Obviously heaven isn't a kingdom in the clouds and hell isn't a lava-filled cave. If you think that christianity's allegory for hell is silly... do you really think that a drugs, sex and rock'n'roll version is any more realistic?

Good God, there is SO much that people could learn from looking into christianity intelligently. I wish people would stop dismissing it because they can't understand that the Bible teaches through metaphores.

11. haha me n my friends always say that hell is in florida, cuz u can do just about anything there and its hot haha, cuz if satan wanted to overthrow god he obviously had some better idea's, so i doubt he wanted to kill people he prolly jus wanted god to stop fuckin people with poverty n bad events

12. I thought the Bible defined hell as just "eternal seperation from God." I mean maybe there's a part in there about fire and brimstone but I'm an agnostic so I don't study the Christian bible much.

Anyway, who's seen that movie with Adam Sandler that sucked balls, I think it was called "Nicky" or something, where he's the retarded son of the devil, or something to that effect. The version of hell in that movie had rock music and all that fun stuff.

13. i agree w/ your point that christianity teaches good principles. but many people refuse to accept the bible uses metaphors and feel that every last letter in the bible is the literal word of God

14. As far as I know we aren't too connected to god as is, would it really be that much worse?

15. It's easy to hate on radicals of any religion or organization who refuse to accept reality. That's why I think so many people choose atheism, because its so easy to disprove the evangelical christians beliefs.

The majority of christians use the bible as guideline of which we should live our lives, and its a good one if you interpret it how so many people do today.

16. The thing is... there's nothing really to disprove about christianity (at least how I see it). Obviously if you choose to take stories like the flood and the garden of eden literally, you're pitting yourself against science and you won't win.

But those are frivolous aspects of christianity anyways. Behind every metaphore contained in the Bible is an important lesson, lessons that don't really enter the realm of scientific data in the first place. You can't scientifically prove what is good or bad. You just feel it.

This is the faulty perception of God that leads people to try and "disprove" his existence. The notion of God himself is so vast and so omnipresent that those people who are in tune with it find the idea of "disproving" him ridiculous. God isn't some intellectual object that you can play around with.

I think the problem is the terminology associated with God in christian faith. The way christians refer to God as Him or He (I don't), or even give him a name leads people to reduce Him to a human figure, and by doing so, seperating themselves from Him.

The important thing here is not to imagine God as some big bearded father-figure in the clouds that we go give a hug to when we die. God is just.... everything. It's hard to explain but yet so simple. An analogy I've used before is that of a bunch of islands. On the surface they appear to all be seperate, but if you take away the water around them you realize that they're all part of the same land mass.

The islands are just different manifestations of that same land mass. Kind of like what we are with God. We appear seperate and different but at a deeper level there's no real boudaries that distinguish us from anything else.

Obviously this is an idea we can intellectualize about for ages, but actually feeling it is what christians call Faith. Obviously, not the kind of Faith which implies believing in something blindly. This is an arrogant atheist's favorite stereotype of a religious person, and I think it's the best example of ignorance's demeaning attitude towards what it doesn't understand.

Believing in God is as real as believing in the existence of pain and love and everything else that resonates with your heart. When you have an open heart and a clear mind, you can harmonize yourself with God and all his earthly manifestations. This is Heaven, this is being closer to God.

On the flip-side, a self-centered ego-maniac that lives purely in a world of his own imagination becomes seperate from God. Real lasting happiness can't exist at such a distance from reality. This is Hell, being further from God.

Or hey at least that's how I see it.

17. So, hell would be better because there is Sin? Even though sin = pain and hell = eternal torment?

And it may not be a torment based on fire, but simply, for the first time ever, you are fully separated from God. It could be an endless torment, because you can no longer feel even the basic connection to God.

It matters not what people believe of the Bible. Don't judge the music by those who play it. Judge it by he who wrote (inspired) it.

Satan doesn't rule hell (Any basic Christian belief should clearly explain that). He wouldn't torture anyone who is hell, as he himself is being tortured. And he is also not in hell, until the end. Hell is a place people choose to go too, not a place God necessarily condemns them too.