Why I smoke weed and why you do too!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Mitchy, Dec 29, 2008.

1. #1 Mitchy, Dec 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2008
    I smoke weed, I'm a once or twice a day smoker. Let's be honest.. it's a lot better then some of my friends (smoking 9 - 10 times a day just so they can be high all day and never have to face reality) I do suffer documented depression from losing someone very close to me, and anyone who has depression will tell you, it's not easy. It's like having the, what a average person would suffer "the blues". Everyone has had them once in their life and they know just from that, it's not good feeling. Depression is just like that, except feeling like that everyday. I'm sure during your time of sorrow you wouldn't want someone telling you to "just get over" - because you know it's a lot harder then that. Nature takes its' course, you get a good nights sleep you feel better in the morning. Depression isn't something "a good night's sleep" or "letting nature take it's course (Marijuana on the other hand.. heh)" can fix or really depend on, it's a disorder that many suffer ("the blues" isn't really a disorder, just human nature) and if you've tried medication for it (Celexa, Lexapro, Paxil, ect ect) - you will notice they're loaded with a lot of nasty side effects and additives. I've tried them all myself, it had to be a consistent intake (daily) otherwise it wouldn't work as prescribed. The second week in, I felt even worse (I was dizzy all the time, sweating abnormally, my nose was really runny and I had a scratchy throat and I just felt even more depressed). I dumped that shit down the toilet after the second week, my doctor kept calling for me to come back in so he could adjust my medication, I never went or answered the calls.

Then I found Marijuana, I've been smoking consistently for 5 months now or so, I started smoking Marijuana back in 7th grade (which was 6 years ago or so) I was on and off with it, but now that I have a good income (I work for a living,, I don't sell marijuana, never will.) and a good connect, I feel better then ever. Don't believe all that horse shit government spewed propaganda , if anything marijuana is completely opposite to everything their useless campaign makes everyone believe. America alone spends millions, if not billions of dollars on drug wars. I can see spending some money to get heroin, crack, meth and other dangerous body / mind chemical altering (also deadly) drugs off the street, but why Marijuana? In all of Marijuana's uses in America (smoked, consumed, vaped) there hasn't been a single death traced back to it. You're probably thinking "Oh people crash and die all the time while high on marijuana" - not true. Most cases involve other drugs, such as alcohol or other dangerous drugs. If anything, Marijuana makes you a more cautious driver. Because honestly, do you really want to die while behind the wheel of an automobile while high? I wouldn't think so, considering the whole intoxicated status and lurking police. You risk a lot driving under the influence, such as DUI's, accidents (hitting a pedestrian, crashing into another car, wiping out 5 side block cars, etc etc), and death) - All can be prevented by not driving at all, but if you do / must, you know the consequences of you actions, hence driving more cautiously.

Let me finish up by saying, marijuana has changed me for the better, it's made me a lot more sociable with people, as my job requires a lot of socializing (I work in a grocery store). it inclined my liking of art and music by a large amount and it made me have an entire new respect for plants and how they grow. It even motivated me to write this big paragraph, I would of never done something like this sober, because I would of just been asking myself "What's the point? Who's honestly going to really care what I have to say" - Marijuana is my real life cheat when it comes to depression. It allows me to skip those phases I go through, all the questions I ask myself and just how generally sad I am and just feel normal and feel like I'm actually myself again. Sure my eyes may be bloodshot and I may laugh a bit when I talk or make awkward comments, but at least I'm happy for once with what I am doing.

I love Marijuana and I've never considered a day without her. I always make sure I smoke at night when all my work is done, it feels much more rewarding. I've had no nasty side effects with my health other then the occasional cold or headache, all of which is cured with Marijuana (for me at least :smoking) - my short term memory is however not all there. But as I say to my friends or family who ask me "Why didn't you remember this or that" - well at the time, it didn't sound or even remotely seem it was important, if it was important I would of made sure I remembered it. I do smoke cigarettes however and I do blame a majority of my colds that come about on them, because let's be honest, there's not a single thing good about cigarettes, the cons outweigh the pros by.. well all, since there is no pro to smoking cigarettes. Marijuana on the other hand has many cures for documented mental disorders / diseases, even diseases that are painful (Huntington's, Parkinson's, etc etc), and even my disorder.. depression, and many others.

I hope I made a good post for 2008 :smoking: - keep it green guys :smoking::smoking:

2. I enjoyed reading that post man plus rep. You know, im 18 and my parents are extremely antipot. I got caught about a month ago and until im out of here my moms making me take piss tests. I just wish parents and just society in general wasnt so...essentially brainwashed, into thinking weed is so bad. Idk man...its a beneficial means of recreation in my mind not a drug or dangerous vice.

3. Very good post. I'm glad you were able to find a medicine that works for you.:smoke:+rep

4. Why do they actually call Marijuana "weed". I've put a lot of thought into this and since can't seem to figure out or find out why Marijuana is actually called Weed. If you think about it, the term "weed" is defined as:

1. \ta valueless plant growing wild, esp. one that grows on cultivated ground to the exclusion or injury of the desired crop.
    2. \tany undesirable or troublesome plant, esp. one that grows profusely where it is not wanted: The vacant lot was covered with weeds.

As you can see clearly, a weed is a plant that does no good, it's just a general farmers nuieces. So tell me, if you saw a Marijuana AKA Weed plant growing out of your backyard, you would consider that to be troublesome and worthless? I wouldn't, that's for sure. You won't find me in the lawn care section of Walmart looking for weed repelant, you'll see me on the internet looking at types of firtlizer I could buy to make it grow big and strong :smoking:

5. nice post man.

6. I've always wondered why it's called 'pot'. I could never figure that out.:smoking: