Why I hate Xmas

Discussion in 'General' started by PublicEnemy20, Dec 22, 2012.

1. I can understand, I understand that it's the thought of the gift that counts, but I would rather just spend time with the people I care about, no gifts. I don't need anything, and I hate trying to find something that people may or may not like. It's an excuse to spend way too much money that many people cannot really afford. So materialistic..

2. Snap the fuck out of it. Christmas is the fucking shit. I'm drunk as fuck and thank god I have an iPad or my spelling would be fucked. Anyways, cheer up man. Everyone ele is happy as balls so just go buy yourself a big bag of weed and enjoy your Christmas.

3. Personally, I always enjoyed xmas cause all the family got together, and as a kid it was okay, a bit funny to see all the drunk adults. but now it's fun to get drunk with everyone and bullshit, so i look forward to it every year now lol.

4. It is what CONSUMERISM has made of it. Or in other words: the result of high capitalism. Just don't let other people's expectations influence you. I don't believe in buying presents anymore, so I won't. Christmas is of spiritual significance, but it seems like poeple are seeking Jesus Christ in the malls.

Reflect and determine what Christmas means to you this year.

5. See, that's why I just do super cheap gifts for most people. Giving gifts isn't (or at least shouldn't be) about the money that you spend, it's about just showing someone that you care and that you were thinking of them.
    That's why I just bake gifts for a lot of people. My gma-in-law hates it when people get her gifts because she doesn't want people to spend money on her, but I still want her to know that we care about her and were thinking of her, so this year I'm just going to bake her a little cake or a tart or something. Costs maybe $2, considering I already have most of the ingredients at home.

Same thing with my family. I'm going to Christmas Eve with my extended family and there's going to be at least 12 people there. Obviously no one expects that we'll spend money on presents for everyone, but I'd like to show that I was thinking of them so I'm just baking a bunch of cookies to give out to everyone. :smoking:

It seems like some people in this thread either have really materialistic families, or else think they do. :confused_2:

6. I buy gifts for my parents and my sister, and that's about it. Don't have a girlfriend, and my boys aren't really the kind to exchange gifts, more like lets get together and get high. So really, it doesn't drive you that broke unless you're a Christian who has to buy every single family member, friend and boss a gift lmao.

7. You've said it perfectly

8. ohh it is tradition, it is a time to celebrate family and give thanks for what we have...

really.. you, your family and friends are that fucking pathetic that you need to pick a date to do such a thing? hah... Then the gifts... I don't know about you but I see something my kids, friends or family might like when I am out I surprise them with a gift, I enjoy doing nice things for the people I love any day of the year.. To think that as a whole the society as a whole that celebrates this Christmess has become so depraved that they need a couple days a year to do these things is just saddening (and somewhat vindicating)

Enjoy giving a boost to a failing economy muthafucker! :wave:

9. I can celebrate family and give thanks any time of the year, but I can't see all of them any time of the year. If it wasn't Christmas, we'd just have to go through the hassle of finding another random date that everyone could make it. Why can't it be on Christmas? :confused_2:

I enjoy doing nice things for people all year round too, but I can't afford to be buying gifts all the time.

Sounds like you need a trip to Whoville, buddy. :p

10. Makes pissy pointless post attacking another member of a weed comunity and makes harsh judgements on him because he doesnt like a holiday..

Says "one love"

:confused_2:

11. sounds like you need to work a little harder on life and a little less on posting on a forum if it has come to not being able to afford things and not being able to visit friends and family when you want to. What it comes down to is a society with barely any values who pick a day or two a year to be a friend or a family.. it is no wonder you people build buildings to store your elders in after they devoted their lives to yuh... Also you contradict your excuses with your lil kiddy cartoon comment, buddy.

12. A lot of my family lives far away, in several different places. They all fly in for the Holidays and I get to spend time with my entire family instead of me (and all my family who live near me) trying to travel to visit them all separately.

Why is it such a problem for you that I enjoy seeing my family on Christmas and enjoy giving people Christmas gifts? :confused:

13. I love xmas because i get so msoke more amrijauan

14. The problem is I have a hard time understanding how people could live like that. Rather odd; a holiday about spending time with people who only have a day out of the average 2 weeks of vacation time people get a year to see yuh and buying things for them for the occasion. Enjoy your Christmess, I know I will.. always some good tv marathons on since the rest of the country shuts down for the event lol

15. I know right? ... Thats why whenever the year starts over again the first thing I try focusing on is staying employed by whoever doing whatever because every time payday comes I take a little bit and stash it for the xmas holiday bcuz xmas 2k11 was off da hook ... its takes a lot of will power, resistance & patience but once the season kicks back up the holiday funds are somwhere in the thousands if things go as planned ..

The reason why i say that is becuz this year I started saving around may by the time september came i was at $1200 so im thinking .. ok by the time november comes i should be at $2,000 then december comes the final holdiay funds should be $3,000 .. but that plan went down the toilet because some delinquent house payments caught up to me .. it was either pay up or lose my house .. so now my holiday funds is less than $300 n which i gotta stretch that for 2 weeks until payday .. it sucks becuz i was hoping to come off like a fat rat like i did last year & i dont know if i'll be able to get a big bag of weed this year .. last year I got my wife & kids everythng they wanted & had $1200 left for myself to go shoppin with ... fuck it tho .. ima try it again next year if it beez in gods will ...

16. Go volunteer somewhere on Christmas, that makes anyone feel good.

17. Consumerism

18. Im an Athiest but i still enjoy the holidays because it brings back good memories of my childhood, and it gives me a reason to get savage drunk and do all sorts of other shit hahahahahaha! Tradition!:D

19. At this point, the only part of the Christmas celebration that I still enjoy is the food, because by the time that people sit down to eat, the tension of the all the planning etc is usually gone. I buy gifts for people, but I'm so broke that my gifts are generally shitty, and people think I'm stingy. It's really too much obligation, and I'd be perfectly satisfied just doing the meal without exchanging gifts.