Why I hate Xmas

Discussion in 'General' started by PublicEnemy20, Dec 22, 2012.

1. I like seeing people open gifts I give them

For example, last Hanukkah I got OPs mom my dick in a box

2. you should be celebrating Festivus!

3. #24 littlemisspuffit, Dec 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2012
    I'm getting my boss something because she's a really good friend. My gf's mom is scum of the earth and she will receive nothing!:devious:
    You're not ebenezer. I think you're just too nice. I'm not buying presents for all these insignificant folks.

4. What's an ebenezer? And yeah, at least we can agree on our girlfriend's moms.

5. I feel the exact same way. Christmas has turned into something it should not be. You should buy things for people that you like, because you want to, not because you have to. I don't want to spend hundreds on presents when I'm trying to save up for something that I will enjoy(dirtbike).

6. It's never too late to learn! There's a lot of super easy stuff you can make.

This year I'm just baking cookies for my family. Next year I'm going to get a candy mold and some flavoring oils and make chocolates. It's super easy. Melt the chocolate, mix in the flavoring, pour in the mold and let it set. Ta-da, fancy looking flavored chocolates!

Point is, there's a ton of cheap gift options if you choose to go that way. :cool:

7. i say merry christmas, thats my gift. if they dont like it then they can feck off

8. Yeah, glad to see most of you guys agree with me. In no way, shape or form did I mean to offend anyone else's stance on xmas, I was just pointing out my feelings towards the event of christmas. The holiday season on the other hand is really one of my favorite times of the year. No school, everyone's home, there's always good food around, you get to catch up with family and company a bunch. It just sucks when it's over and I'm flat broke :(

9. Scrooge mcduck

10. Haha I wrote pizza. I'm at work:rolleyes: I meant presents:eek:
    Ebenezer Scrooge, man.

11. #32 StraiT100, Dec 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2012
    Man you can be a scrooge, whatever floats your boat.

Personally I believe christmas, while it is a very commercialized holiday, is really a time to spend time with family, and spread peace and love.
    Its a Christian holiday sure, so I can understand if it doesn't fit your theistic or atheistic belief, but no need to hate.
    Sure I'm a Christian(catholic, never go to church but shit its all the same) so I like to think about the history behind it too, but mainly just to try and enjoy spending time with your family and friends.

Over the years Christmas has become less fun to me, but its still one of my favorite holidays..
    Birthdays on the other hand...don't care for those much lol

12. No that's not it at all. Like I said, I love the holiday season because, as you said, it's a time to spend with family, and spread peace and love. But christmas, the event of christmas, in it of itself is a pain in the ass.

13. [quote name='"PublicEnemy20"']

No that's not it at all. Like I said, I love the holiday season because, as you said, it's a time to spend with family, and spread peace and love. But christmas, the event of christmas, in it of itself is a pain in the ass.[/quote]

I see you mean buying gifts, spending lots of money, cooking food, traveling and all that then, yes it can be quite overwhelming..

14. You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch.

15. Sounds like you have no problem receiving gifts..

Sure they may not like it, sure it may put you in the financial shitter, but it's the gesture that makes an impact.

Buying a gift for someone is like letting them know they're important to you.

Of course no fiscal value can encompass the love you feel for your friends and family, but you can try and show them how much they mean to you.

Merry Christmas OP! :)

16. Well, first off, although the holidays have religious backgrounds, many people nowadays a lot of people just celebrate the secular aspects of the holiday (kindness, generosity, spending time with family, etc). I myself am an atheist and do not acknowledge any of the religious aspects of the holiday, but I can enjoy many others.
    I don't really get what your so upset about. You're upset that you have to buy people presents that they may not like? Well its the thought that counts and if you can't afford much, I'm sure anyone would appreciate anything that was given from the heart. You're upset that people buy you gifts that you don't like? Maybe you should appreciate the fact that their being kind and buying something for you that they think you'll like (why else would they buy it?).
    Doesn't sound that terrible to me

17. The truth hurts, and nobody wants to hear it. Not only is December the hottest of the months, but suicide is super high, MoFo's be Robbin you, Drunk drivers are in there most joliest of "I don't give a fuck", and people aren't even really happy. Fuck the system.

18. That's the whole point. It's like falling out of an airplane, breaking every single bone in your body, never being able to walk again, and the doctor telling you "What are you so upset for?" :hello:

19. Nooo. I Am Not A Mean One :cool: (joker Face)