Why I don't vote

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by STilladelph, Mar 19, 2013.

1. #2 jmick, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2013
    This type of activity is nothing new for Florida. Just like our Tea party Gov. Scott shortening early election days and not allowing the weekend before election day to be used to cast early ballots. That weekend was known for bringing out a lot of older black Democratic voters, as their churches provided transport to the polls and home again.

The whole election system in this country is a giant cluster fuck of conflicting state and local laws...as much as I hate to say it, the Federal Govt. should step in with uniform laws and voting machines. Even if it takes the military to get involved in securing the ballots and poll access.....

Oh, and you not voting isn't helping anything....if it pisses you off, and it should, get involved....

2. i dont vote so i dont have to go to jury duty.

3. not voting means not particiating in a corrupt system and/or not being able to be blamed for others misfortunes. im a third party viewer.

4. goddamnit, the one time i vote. they better not call me in.

5. #6 GaryOkay, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2013
    I went to jury duty here in Australia.... I treat jury duty like a joke,.... :hello:

And too bad we have mandatory voting in Australia so there no evading the government fuckers, if you don't vote and yes you can get jail time for not voting.... If you think the US is too government control.... well come to see Australia and you will see what true government control is. The current political party here was planning to censor the media here..... but they didn't have enough votes to get it though....

6. I dream of getting called into jury duty for a possession trial. I will nullify that shit so fast it will make the prosecutors head spin.

7. Yup.

By voting, you support and condone the criminal government, and when things inevitably suck, it is the VOTERS' fault for putting them in office. The non-voter has clean hands.

George explains it quite well, along with some humor. Especially starting at around 1:45:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeMGqTwWA6U"]George Carlin - Voting is meaningless - YouTube[/ame]

8. [quote name='"jmick"']This type of activity is nothing new for Florida. Just like our Tea party Gov. Scott shortening early election days and not allowing the weekend before election day to be used to cast early ballots. That weekend was known for bringing out a lot of older black Democratic voters, as their churches provided transport to the polls and home again.

The whole election system in this country is a giant cluster fuck of conflicting state and local laws...as much as I hate to say it, the Federal Govt. should step in with uniform laws and voting machines. Even if it takes the military to get involved in securing the ballots and poll access.....

Oh, and you not voting isn't helping anything....if it pisses you off, and it should, get involved....[/quote]

You're the people ruining this country.

9. or is it the non voters fault for not stepping up and making their voice be heard?

Jury duty is pretty much the one way you can actually have a noticeable effect on the outcome of someones life

10. That's right...and you're one of the people that are doing nothing, and thinking that cruising a weed forum makes you a cut above......:rolleyes:

11. NO.

This is the whole point.

12. So the point is to sit back, watch your country go to shit, then say told you so, just so your not at fault?

13. Do you want the puppet on the left, or the puppet on the right?

"I am against the things my opponent stands for and promise change."

"NO don't listen to my opponent I am against what he is for and I promise you change. He is lying to you"

"no, he is lying to you."

spoiler alert : they're all professional liars.

14. Did you watch Carlin?

As I see it: The point is that voting -- especially on the national level -- is an illusion. It accomplishes nothing except to legitimize the established powers, which consist of the Democrat and Republican parties. This is why the statist media/education system, etc. rattles on endlessly about how important it is. No government can exist unless it is seen as being legitimate in the eyes of its people. Voting legitimizes it. The bigger the turnout the more empowered the politicians feel.

Give me some kind of choice -- aside from picking a different colored jersey -- and I might take up voting again. The problem is, no matter who you vote for you're always voting FOR government. Not only that, you're always for for MORE government. Both parties think the government is too small.

If I had the opportunity to vote AGAINST government I'd be the first one at the polls.

Have you noticed the 2016 campaigns have already started? The last one just ended four months ago. The nation has become so politicized that campaigns are now -- essentially -- never ending. I have more interesting things to do with my life like watching the weather, watching the siding on my house fade, masturbating, cleaning my belly button, etc.

15. [quote name='"jmick"']

That's right...and you're one of the people that are doing nothing, and thinking that cruising a weed forum makes you a cut above......:rolleyes:[/quote]

Mmhmm you know me and what I do with my life. Sounds just like your other opinions. Wrong.

16. Yup. The worst kinds of human beings, who we would normally not hang around with, are the ones that rise to the top in politics.

All of our "greatest" presidents, according to the establishment, are those that are responsible for killing the greatest number of people. I use different criteria for judging the greatness of people. But that's just me.

17. Your vote really doesnt matter. I dont mean in the one vote never changed anything sense. your vote really doesnt matter the electorial college votes for real.

18. it is mandatory in australia. But thats if youre on the electoral list or whatever they call it. You know when you fill out the registration form when you turn 18. BUT, if you dont register then youre not on the list and so by that you dont have to vote.

Haha i missed the past 2 elections and those fuckers sent me fines. Why o why did i fill out the registration form.

19. true that the voting thing is a bit of some government control ya know, but really the us government are cunts compared to the aussie government haha