Why I Chose the Glasscity Bubblicious Bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by cici, Oct 6, 2011.

1. After having a solid 2 year love affair with my Volcano, I started itching for a bong. The $75 China made bong I bought a few years back wasn't cutting it, even with 2 percolator chambers, ice notches, glass on glass diffuser downstem, the thing just didn't rip correctly and was always dirty because you couldn't wash it fully. So I got into the market for a new bong.

Basically, I wanted a bong equivalent of my Volcano. It had to be able to survive at least a few years with a retardedly clumsy owner and also be thoughtfully constructed, durable, user friendly... Basically just be overall QUALITY... and get me insanely ripped. I chose the Bubblicious bong to fit these needs for the following reasons...

-7mm thick glass... that's actually 7mm throughout!

-high quality Scott Duhran glass (uhh... Roor quality glass for a fraction of Roor's overpriced price? Sign me the fuck up!)

-the different joint sizes (29, 18, 14) = versatility

-advantages of diffusion/percolation built into the down stems (the last bong turned me off to built in percolators - too hard to clean and get the water levels correct especially when using ice) combined with the convenience of a simple tube beaker design

-the bowl. for starters it's an attractive shape, not the standard ugly cone/funnel (don't attack me for considering aesthetics an important consideration in my choice, I'm a chick, I like things to look good. For god's sake I almost bought a bong purely on the merit that it was pink).

Also of course there's the built in screen (it's the little things that makes you feel like the designer cares about the users...).

-ice notches. i needs those.

did i mention the thing is sexy looking? I love the clean all glass look of the bong with the striking green logo. I thought I was looking for a more heady complex "advanced" bong... but then I saw the Bubblicious and it made me realize what I should've been looking for all along: simplicity, well executed fundamentals, and very high quality basics.

2. thats how you make a first post my friend.

I just lost my bubbilicious and IM very sadden over it =(

3. I should've known you were a chick half way through reading it. Haha no dude is gonna be that specific or that informational in their first post. Nice pick up I'm sure you will love it and welcome to gc!

4. You can also use a 7mm tube for self-defense if you need it. It's thicker and heavier than a cop Mag-lite! That's a really nice bong. The downstem is awesome.

5. thanks Kliff. R.I.P. to your bong, are you replacing it? I'm still eagerly anticipating mine like a kid on Christmas morning. Not to make you relive your loss, but what did you love about yours?

I should add, the reasons I listed are purely based on the specs and details provided by GC and other reviews that drove me to pick the Bubblicious, and not personal experience... yet.

6. Thats no joke by the way.

My bong broke because it was KICKED AS HARD AS POSSIBLE into a metal chair.

And even then only the joint broke, that I was able to fix.

But after three monthes, and small internal fissure in the glass began to spread.

So theres an internal crack growing on my bong right now that will not be able to be fixed.

So its retired until the crack completes and the bong snaps in two.

And even then, thats a pretty fuckin clean break for being kicked hard as fuck.

So yeah.........smash people in the face with this if you need to.

Then smoke out of it ^_^

Mine was the first prototype they made. Thats why I loved it so much.

I was the first person here to get it too =(

When Glasscity releases there double chamber stemless bong.

Thats what I will replace it will

7. Lol! Thanks for the welcome guys, I'm digging the tight little community on here. I like that information and detail is what was a dead giveaway that I had a vagina.

Anyone have any awesome details or stories about why they love their Bubblicious.... Just to keep me entertained until it arrives.

8. [quote name='"cici"']

Lol! Thanks for the welcome guys, I'm digging the tight little community on here. I like that information and detail is what was a dead giveaway that I had a vagina.

Anyone have any awesome details or stories about why they love their Bubblicious.... Just to keep me entertained until it arrives.[/quote]

Haha just wait you'll see what I'm talking about. I don't have one but if it can take a metal chair to the dome and only have the joint break I may look into it. I hope yours comes faster than the weedstar I ordered last year off gc. It felt longer but it was still a month and a half and I'm impatient.

9. This is precisely why I chose it. Although, chances are I won't need my bong for defense, my bong will probably require defense from me....

That makes me think... snuggies for bongs... someone should get on that...

I was at a friend's the other day who had a 9mm HVY, that thing is a fucking brick beast. It almost made me wish my Bubblicious was 9mm (hint hint SJ) I need some thick heavy glass to survive my retardedness. I'm hoping to celebrate at least a few anniversaries with this bong, I've never had one survive past 1.5 years.... so here's to hoping :smoke:

10. We are gonna get a milk video right???

11. [quote name='"cici"']

This is precisely why I chose it. Although, chances are I won't need my bong for defense, my bong will probably require defense from me....

That makes me think... snuggies for bongs... someone should get on that...

I was at a friend's the other day who had a 9mm HVY, that thing is a fucking brick beast. It almost made me wish my Bubblicious was 9mm (hint hint SJ) I need some thick heavy glass to survive my retardedness. I'm hoping to celebrate at least a few anniversaries with this bong, I've never had one survive past 1.5 years.... so here's to hoping :smoke:[/quote]

I don't mean to post on your thread so much but I had to comment on the snuggie thing. For like years I've been saying they need to make something for the bottom of the bong for beaker bongs. Like a mouse pad cut to fit the bottom with some of that soft elastic material that is used to make those book covers. Sew them together and it would fit perfectly over it without coming off and I wouldn't freek out whenever someone isn't as careful setting it down as I am.

12. the technical prowess required to make a video and get it on the interwebbz may be beyond me.

that's my excuse for being too stoned and lazy to make it.

you will get a detailed review though.

13. We should invent them. And ride off into the hazy sunset with cash money and inventor credentials.

14. Meh its easier than you think.

Get a camera or a cell phone, hit record. Upload it to Photobucket.

Done.

I rest my beaker bongs on an old mouse pad I dont use.

I am seriously the only person that goes outside in his snuggie?

CASH MOOONNIESSSSS lol

Me and my friends yell that out all the time.

15. [quote name='"cici"']

We should invent them. And ride off into the hazy sunset with cash money and inventor credentials.[/quote]

Fuckin a i just wish I knew how to get it started you know. I think they could actually sell.

16. I'll just add this to the list of brilliant ideas I never execute...

17. Except it already exists:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWtw5KnSvPU]PipeSkin Instructional Video 1 - YouTube[/ame]

pipeskin.com

18. sick piece i know i love my beaker its not a glasscity beaker but its 3.2mm thick and takes a beating...its been banged around and is the thinnest glass bong i own but one of my favorites because of it's simplicity.

i love beakers also because they hold a ton of water....grab a showerhead downstem if you would like to try something a bit different using your tube...also a disk diffused bowl will help reduce any drag you have which i doubt if it has much of any because you don't have a perc and you are already using a diffused downstem.

post pictures if you haven't already.

puffer

19. I made one of them for my sheldon black about a year ago.

It was just a big piece of round fabric with a rubber band around it to protect the bottom.

My friends and I called it the bong diaper