Why Hemp is Illegal

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Sativa Kid, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Why is Marijuana Illegal? - Drug WarRant

After reading this many of you may have a greater understanding as to why hemp is REALLY illegal after countless schemes for money and power people in the mid 1900's had to choose whether to outlaw hemp or live a life of low quality. I know this site may be biased as many are that agree with the viewpoint I am coming from let me know what you all think. Do you agree with me that pot was outlawed so families could continue to live wealthy lives or do you think there is a legitimate reason why it is illegal. Hemp was the first FUEL for the first car built by Ford. Please tell me why when we are in a global recession where renewable fuels are dwindling when we have something that almost anything can be made out of: Paper, Fuel, Clothing, Hemp is a textile that can grow 4x faster than almost any plant. We should be using it for at least industry.

2. Well techinically Hemp isn't illegal. It's only illegal to cultivate. Plus the percentage of THC in hemp isnt going to get you high even if you tried. I do agree though that we should be using it for industrial use though.

3. “In the year 1090, there was founded in Persia the religious and military order of the Assassins, whose history is one of cruelty, barbarity, and murder, and for good reason: the members were confirmed users of hashish, or marihuana, and it is from the Arabs' ‘hashashin' that we have the English word ‘assassin.'”

4. This is nothing new.

5. Hemp is legal dude