Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why have my highs been changing over time?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Bbeznoska, May 10, 2016.

1. Ok so I started smoking about 2 years ago and whenever I smoked with friends it was the best thing in the world. We would laugh and listen to music and just enjoy life but after a couple years I started getting real awkward when I got high. It was hard to talk with friends while I was high & now I have to smoke alone. What could cause this

2. Are you getting less high than you used to? Maybe you are building a tolerance.

Or... Maybe you are smoking a certain strain? Maybe try a different strain of cannabis and see if you have better results.

3. Eh much like modern medications as you age it'll have a different effect on you. There's lots of factors that could determine this, your usage, your environment, what kind of weed your smoking, who your smoking with etc.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sounds like you had a bad experience while high once, I've seen this before

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have to agree, I have seen it too.

6. have you been more introspective when getting high recently?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. The problem is with your friends, not the weed. Weed is never the villain so don't make excuses to confuse yourself.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dude I love weed but it can fuck with your mind, I doubt it's homeboys friends that are the problem.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fuck it man. Why do feel awkward? Someone judging you? You have a grudge against one of them? You gotta ask yourself about the awkwardness. Get really high alone and ask yourself why you feel this way. You will answer your own question. Then you can move forward. I've come to many realizations in this manner. The key to truly enjoying cannabis is being good with yourself. Not good to yourself but actually good with who you are as a person. Self conflict resolution if you would.

• Like Like x 1
  10. That was really poetic. Great advice, brother.

11. I think this is more common then one realizes.
    I've had the same issue, started smoking 2 years ago and it was great. Made me less awkward and more open even in social situations.

Until last year though, I became very introspective and even paranoid of my actions and what others were thinking, criticizing my decisions in life and being totally unable to find anything to say.

The thing is, cannabis solely isn't for pure enjoyment with friends, sometimes it needs you to focus on yourself and fix something.

• Like Like x 1