why has this not been made into a horror movie?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Wavy Crocket, Jan 17, 2012.

1. I am currently living in a town that has had a pretty horrible thing happen a long time ago.

Around the 1930s there was a man named norman baker who claimed to be a doctor who had a cure for cancer. he ran a hotel that was near a railroad and recruited patients who were from out of town so people couldnt really get ahold of their medical records or have any incentive to visit them.

But instead of curing these people he would just feed them massive amounts of morphine and make them think they were getting better. and he would make them write letters to their families saying shit like "heyyy im getting much better! send more money". and he would hire people who were perfectly healthy to chill outside the hotel and do physical stuff and act like they were having fun so people would think it was working. He drove a purple Cadillac, wore a purple suite, and painted the hotel purple. he was a strange ass dude.

So heres the even more horrible part. There was a part of the hotel that was a servants annex which was cut off to the other part of the hotel with a metal door. and when these patients got to the point where not even the morphine could keep them ok, he would just throw them in this annex and lock them away to die in agonizing pain and wouldnt come back until they were dead. over the course of all this he gained something like 40 million in cash from all this. he also experimented on people. he would try putting a goats heart into a human body and stuff like that. really fucked up shit.

and then he was finally caught and arrested. but not on the things he did, but on mail fraud. for signing letters as Dr. when he really wasnt a Dr. so he did around 5 years in prison. and when he got out he knew the feds were on his ass so he bought a yacht and traveled out in the middle of the ocean to get away from the usa.

ironically he got the worst kind of cancer. like the most painful kid. liver..or colon? i cant remember. but when he was on his yacht he had nurses taking care of him and providing him with giant amounts of morphine. but somehow his nurse accidentally knocked over his morphine supply and destroyed it all. so he was left to die in agonizing pain just like the people he locked up. karma is a bitch.

2. Wouldn't make a horror movie maybe a good documentary, unless you could get anthony Hopkins to be the doctor then it could be good, but I feel like Hollywood would make the movie to predictable like everyothrr horror movie they make.

3. You could turn that story into a horror movie or thriller. Do some research, get some pictures, and make a little 5 minute creepy documentary/teaser trailer for the story. Then get some friends, some equipment, and make a low budget movie. Then hope and pray someone important sees it.

Sounds like a cool story to me though.

4. sounds too good to be true at the end.
    quite the intense story

5. I would watch that movie

6. I thought you were full of shit, but then I read his bio. After reading it I think it would make for a long boring movie.

7. If they did it accurately and didn't make shit up, I think it would be a great movie

8. id more so focus on the shit at the hotel in arkansas. not whatever he was doing in his home town. The crescent hotel is considered one of the most haunted hotels in the nation because of all the death and misery that occurred there.

9. Alright this is good kid. How do you come up with this stuff.

I'm sold. I'm going to start filming this tomorrow. If you want to be in the movie show up at my house at 6:00 am for shooting. Be there or be not in my film

10. Someone could do something with this maybe. I could see a movie on this, maybe YOU should be the one too pitch it to someone, write the script and maybe someone big will buy it for like $30,000.

11. I haven't really thought about it. I don't know much about writing scripts. I could possibly spark an idea for it somehow.

12. This reminds me of the Auschwitz (spelling's wrong, probably) experiments.

A movie made about the various experiments that they did on people (without anesthesia and while they were fully aware) would be pretty disturbing to most people. Plus, it'd basically be an improved version of the types of movies that are aired nowadays anyway--a complete gorefest, but based on real events.

13. Patent the idea to make that a movie, then license it to a company that has the means to actually make it. Get like a 1% royalty, which would actually be a lot of money.

Then pm me for my paypal info and throw me some cash for telling you whats up.

14. This movie was made.
    Only, it was a bunch of college students in what used to be a mental hospital.
    the doc would lobotomize and torture and had a place on the other side of the building. Separated by.. you guessed it! A metal door. Shit gets haunted, lines get cornier. Movie sucked dude. All I see is this one all over again.

The movie I'm talking about is called Asylum I think

15. Nothing online really matches what you posted. Can you provide a link?

16. #18 Armidillo, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2012

17. Ok good, cuz Asylum sucked