Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

why grind?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mr.keelkel, Feb 27, 2010.

1. im sorta new, ive smoked a few times and made my own bong, so why do people grind it?:confused:

2. haha for when you roll, you pick out the stems and don't roll it too tight or otherwise the weed kind of clogs it if it's in chunks.

:)

3. Thc can be absorbed through the skin, so you are losing some when you break it up with your fingers, most grinders have kief catchers so when you save a bunch of that up its pretty great to top off a bowl with some. Also who doesn't like to smoke finely ground bud?:D

4. saves a lil time. i dont like handling my bud. so it just works out

5. Extra surface area:volume ratio, so you use less butane to light more bud more quickly. Some people don't grind, they just stick a nug in the bowl. I like grinding, it makes it easier for me to get a bigger hit with less butane.

6. Faster and more convienent to have a grinder full of weed ready to smoke. If you get a good grinder it will "fluff" the weed more than just destroy it into little pieces.

7. 1. Weed that is grinded burns better and more evenly

2. It's a lot faster then using scissors or by hand.

3. Some grinders catch kif

I have a grinder I use it but not all the time sometimes I like to go oldschool and just break it up by hand. Also to Knoxer when you break a nug up with your fingers your not losing thc because it's being absorbed through your skin lol, trichomes are sticky as fuck especially if you have some good bud and it just sticks to your fingers, if you grow and do the trimming yourself you'll get a nice ball of finger hash that way.

If your looking for a cheap grinder that's not complete crap they sell Sharpstone grinders that have a screen to catch Kif on Ebay for like $20

8. yeah this!!!

i always grind my weed for EVERYTHING!

:smoking:

9. Saves kief from sticking to your skin + if you have a multi-level grinder, you can accumulate a decent amount of keif to smoke :)

10. thc absorbs into hands and it's just so much easier!

11. I find the weed burns more efficient when grinded and it's also easier to roll with. Although, I'd rather cut it using scissors in a bowl - but that's just me.