Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why grind?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Glassroots, Nov 24, 2012.

1. If Your smoking out of a bong? I just don't get it. I've chilled with two people now that will only grind their plants when smoking out of a bong. Personally I feel less high if I use a grinder with a bong. Works great with my volcano but not my glass

2. i grind my weed before i smoke from anything. It just breaks out more. And for me it fills the bowl for the bong more. Instead of little nugs that burn everytime i light it up

3. Grinders are mainly for jays and vapes. Sometimes people want to separate the keif from the bud; I don't think it matters.

4. i usually grind, i think if you hand bust its not really like little leaves but little chunks, then as the outside of the chunk gets charred the inner green will taste like the burnt outside, you know what i mean? if its ground up i find its like greener hits more often

5. Using a grinder makes it easier and better for every smoking process. I honestly hate rolling/smoking anything that is not ground up.

6. Grinding the bud increases the surface area. More surface area=more THC burned= you getting higher :)

7. Agreed, I feel like it burns faster if it's ground. I only grind for my vape :)

8. This really isn't even a debatable topic haha...

9. exactly.

works for vapes, joints, blunts, you name it.

just make sure you don't grind it into dust if you are using a coffee grinder :eek:

10. Grind to get keif and much better fluffier weed easier to pack a bong with or roll joints/blunts and vape

11. For me it makes packing the bowl 90% easier.

It's also faster than having to break Down a bud everytime.
    Some will help you collect keif, which makes bowls last longer and get you higher.

12. Interesting responses. I always grind for my volcano. But the bong no way. You for sure not getting more high as when you grind kief falls off. So your not smoking that. Plus my sov worked bowl has 4 holes. Grinding it all falls through.

13. It's a scientific fact that grinding bud allows more THC to be burned. It's not a huge difference, but it's definitely true.

Also, buy a screen and it won't fall through.

14. #14 proterranyo, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
    Well I've met alot of people who claim that breaking up with your hands keeps more trichomes, but I see their fingers and they are covered in trichomes and then they lick them off :p and I know its not gonna do jack shit because its unactivated THC. At least a grinder keeps the trichomes that fall off.

Also if you don't like losing trichomes you can just get a really high quality 2 piece grinder, that way you just grind up your shit then hit both halves of the grinder on the table to make sure everything falls out, and then you have all your trichomes :)

15. What if you just smoke a big nug in you bong with a screen underneath?

16. Burns too hot and quickly IMO, hand broken FTW!

17. Grinding it makes it easier to pack, gives it a better airflow, allows you to pack more greens, and all around takes less time to do.

18. It will work. Grinding isn't a big deal nowadays. In the old days, 60's most weed was course. Today not so much. I'm on a second life with herb. Quit for 20 years,
    now it's a lot different product.

19. How were the 60's? Stoned and just curious about history.

20. Very cool. Lots of good weed, mainly purple haze on my block. Lots of sex too, girls and guys were about the love thing, but the pigs and most citizens hated us. For real hated us. They thought we were out to overthrow the country when all we wanted was free love and weed. I miss it. Nam changed a lot of us though. Some of us came back as haters too. Very fucked up in some circles. There is a great movie title "Joe". I don't remember who is in it. But very right on.