why grasscity? and not some place else?

Discussion in 'General' started by Digit, May 26, 2008.

1. why are you here?
    what makes you stay?
    what do you love best about it?
    what would you change to make it better?
    what should other places learn from grasscity?

i'm here because, well, frankly, this is going back to my roots! :D
    because the colour really does wonders with my dyslexia.
    because there's always enough interesting and intelligent people of an interesting mix to keep it (interesting x interesting)+interesting=keeps interest.
    because the sectioning makes sense.... or at least used to until someone suddenly up n decided that science and nature were no longer part of spirituality and philosophy. :rolleyes: (incase anyone missed it, science is what has also been termed natural philosophy... so right there, i think we can agree...)
    because its comforting to know there's loads of us like we are out there. :D
    because i feel loved.
    i stay for all these reasons, but also because, well, because it has all those reasons it becomes habit forming.
    i stay because i keep feeling a calling, a rather strange experience, like i'm somehow important to someone, like i'm needed to help. as arrogant and deluded as that sounds. :rolleyes:
    i stay because you buggers keep coming back n telling me about this thread or that or whatever... which is of no use whatsoever when i'm trying to be on walkabout! :p

what do i love best about it?
    sad as this is to say.... perhaps.....
    it's past
    ?

am i that old already?
    nay!
    here's to the future.

we just need to kill orwell's nightmare. so that's what i'd change. call it... the archaic revival.

what should other places learn from gc?
    colour scheme is really important.
    you might manage to keep your own lawn clean, but you might loose friends if you make a clean lawn a priority with no consideration for where you throw stuff off it, who you throw off it, why you throw people off it, and so on.
    a shop selling on topic merchandise is a genius idea all shops and forums should do.
    how to grow great cannabis.
    the riddles to the universe (some of them at least) and answers to them.

2. Lay out looks nice.
    Lots of pretty pictures.
    Lots of people.

3. Couldn't have said it better. Overall, it's a great vibe here.

4. Because it's the biggest and most active congregation of stoners on the internet.

5. the people. almost everyone that posts regularly are cool people. i'm not much of a poster but i read a lot of the threads.

6. Wow... I couldn't even begin to explain... I honestly don't really like message boards. I don't have an active membership at any other forum... I found GC lookin for a fun way to spend my tax return, lol :bongin:

I decided to check out the forums a little, and read some of our old story teller's posts (you know who I mean... that okie cat...) I thought they were hilarious, and wanted to comment. Of course registering was required to do so, so I registered.

I never intended to stay either. But I just couldn't stop coming back to talk to those old fucks. GC lured me in, and never let me go, lol.

The trolls, immature kids, and dicks with no life come and go... And it seems they always do end up going... Sooner or later. So it's nothing to really get worked up about.

But what makes this place special are the ones who stick around. The ones you form friendships with over the years.

...It's the memories of when this place was still tiny, and pretty much unknown... Now it's one of the more well known forums out there.

You OFFF's... Can you fuckin believe that shit?

Shit... Me neither.

I always thought it had the potential... Just never knew how big it would really get. We're almost at 100,000K members... Sometimes I think about just how many people that really is, and it blows my mind.

But I feel like we have something special here. Unlike any other boards on the net, and that's what keeps me here, and what keeps me coming back. The people, friends, vibes... I just love it all... For real...

7. I honestly can't recall how I came across the City, but I'm glad I did. I do remember thinking that the posters seemed to be pretty chill, and decided why not join?

Four years later, and I'm still here and lovin it. Sure we got some jerks and immature kids, but the great members that have been on here and the newer chill members more than make up for the occasional bad apple. This place has grown so much, and its like a family to me, its not just another weed forum, its more than that. Its a place where good times, stories, pics are shared, and blades are here for each other through the good times and the bad. If thats not a family then dammit, I don't think I know what is.
    :gc_rocks: nuff said.

8. Exactly. I watched my buddy (DurbanPoison) post on here for about 6 months, and it seemed like a really cool place. But now there is nothing like coming on here after a long day, or just any day in general and being able to talk to people that can level with you. And after awhile you form friendships. It's a crazy thing.

9. i grasscity is place for people who like/love weed and im one of those people...

10. I signed a 4 year contract.

E: I'm not trying to be a dick, heh. And kill a thread. The reason why I come back is because there are a few members here that i genuinely enjoy, love, and look forward to see what they have to say. That's the reason why I came back and have stayed.

11. I was curious to find an open community of stoners online. I had of course researched things about marijuana online and ended up on Grasscity a lot. I just registered to start posting, but I ended up reading most of the time when I visited. :) I started thinking more philosophically and spiritually and ended up in the S&P Forum. At the time it appeared to be filled with somewhat arrogant skeptics, and a guy who confused me a lot, dear old Digit. As I approached spirituality with a newer, more open heart (rather than mind) I found I had personal experiences and feelings to contribute to the community. People like HighGrowMan, CosmicSerpent, JesusC, and AK Infinity all had ideas that struck me as fairly wise, and I pondered them, sharing my thoughts in response. I was surprised by what the more skeptical, rational members like Zylark, MelT, and BubbleFunker had to say, because before I had opened myself to a spiritual side, I would have said or agreed with similar things.

But in any case, I like it here. People seem to prefer to chill, rather than argue nonstop. I like getting to know the incredible range of stonerthought. ;)

I bet it makes them change for the better anyway. :)

12. 1. found it by accident,,,googled something like funny stoner stories,,,,

2. the community,,,good vibe,,,everyone tries too help out as much as they can and expect....girls gone wild comercial... and expect nothing in return...

3. read number two...the commercial is still on....DAYAMN!!!

4.....look at those titties....oh yeah,,,, the only complaint i have,,,is its kinda hard too look up recent posts that i commented on,,,if i wanna see a reply too something i posted,,,,i try too look it up,,, but i can hardly find it half the time....

5.....dont mess with the best YEAH!

13. Digit got banned?

14. Making me wonder as well. :confused:

15. I agree, I stumbled onto this site after trying to find advice about LSD vs. shrooms and stayed for the mass information and random talk. A bunch of stoners who love to talk about mary jane + me = awesomeness!

16. I was going to say the same fucking thing. Well Digit is one of those blades who have me coming back to GC. GC was the first forum I ever joined, and I've been with a few since and no other forum members compare to this one. We need those old school blades to keep a sense of sanity around here sometimes:D. Yeah yeah yeah we have some young dbags here but what forum doesn't. The blades is what makes me come back to GC. You blades rock!

17. i was thinking the same thing,,,,,

he loves this place,,, * SCRATCHES HEAD *

YET HE GOT HISELF BANNED ?:confused:

18. yes he did go on a rant no doubt,,,,,,WOW,,,,

good refrence,,,, there buddah,,,

it does bring back memories,,, of loosing partners that went to the hole,,,

then come up 3 months later, to a different domicile,,,,boy them were wild times,,, i was like 23 and locked down,,,,,,,making homemade hooch,,,

the cops would find 4 and think they did something,,,,we planted them there to be found,,,,and a select few would be buzzed down ,, everyone got a quart plastic jug full,,,, drink it fast and catch a better buzz,,,

just thinking about the bread residue makes me nausious;)

19. maybe they will just give him a temporary ban,,,,

i caught one of them when i first joined the city,,,'' i got mad''

and it's obvious by this thread ol dude likes the city,,, '' his own words ''

and yes ive allways thought digit was a cool blade,,,,i do hope to see him back,,,,

maybe he can make the '' official apology thread '':confused: