why god, why?!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by jlagz, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Hello All,

I am in desperate need of some help with a problem i am having with my girls.

Towards the end of flowering in my last grow some of my leaves started turning a dark purple-black color starting at the tips and spreading towards the base of the leaf. The leaves turned from supple to soggy throughout this time before developing bright yellowish/bronze streaks before drying out completely. The only way I found to save my plants was to snip the leaves either 1/2 or completely off to cut off the infected part of the leaf before it spread. This makes me think this was some sort of fungus? Anyone have experience with this?

Fast forward to my new grow. Ice cream and Purple Diesel. Just checked on them and my Purple Diesel seems like

it's coming down with the same symptoms on one of its first leaves and it's only 7 days old! I went ahead and snipped it, almost ensuring its demise I'm sure. Anyway, I'm going to clean my tent out and try another seed but wanted to see if anyone had any input. Pray for my Ice cream, she looks great but I am terrified of having another outbreak of bullshit.

Thanks in advance guys!

2. Is it the same batch of growing medium as the last grow ???

If so, get rid of it and transplant to a newer soil.

Freak
    :smoke:

3. Thanks Freak, it is the same batch. fuck. gotta grab more ocean forest now. hope my ice cream stays good.

4. Thats far-out man. GL with desssert lol.

Freak
    :smoking:

5. subbing
    Ive been doing ice cream and it seems to be quite a tough plant, Im interested to see what this turns out to be.

6. "leaves started turning a dark purple-black color starting at the tips and spreading towards the base of the leaf. The leaves turned from supple to soggy throughout this time before developing bright yellowish/bronze streaks before drying out completely. The only way I found to save my plants was to snip the leaves either 1/2 or completely off to cut off the infected part of the leaf before it spread. This makes me think this was some sort of fungus? Anyone have experience with this?"

Reading it again reminded me of something. Check out the plant abuse chart for the symptoms relating to the leaves turning, I think you may have a deficiency that is lowering the plants tolerance to infection so it is getting hit by something it would normally be able to shrug off.

Just an idea but I remember at one point I had a BC God that was kind of doing the same thing, I didn't recognize it as mold but solved the def and cut the leaves with the brown on them and it never spread past that. Once I really looked at the leaves I could see the mold itself trying to put out spores.

7. hey randomseed thanks for the input!

yah, i'm super excited for this ice cream. heard nothing but outstanding reviews so maybe i'll post some pics if it makes it to judgement day.

good call with the diagnosis. i forgot to say the infected leaves were also slightly grayish brown towards the end before it started streaking bronze...when i tried researching at the time, i racked it up to a phosphorous deficiency which seemed common during flowering/or not - i can't remember.

anyway, i just got back from the store and got some happy frog instead of ocean forest and if my ice cream and this crazy lookin purple diesel seedling with one leaf make it, i'll transplant to that instead because i don't want to risk getting another infected batch of soil.

for now, i'm gonna start another seed in happy frog (just to see if it was indeed the soil). this one's "strawberry blue" from world of seeds.

thanks again!

8. oh yeah dude, bc god bud sounds awesome! i got a cheesus from big budha waiting on deck. the dad is the bc god bud so i'm hoping it's bomb.

9. If it isn't the soil then consider the possibility that god is punishing you for masturbating. Just a thought.

< slinks away >

10. LOL.

Freak
    ;)