Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why getting HIGH is a crime...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by MPower420, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Give me your 2 cents and I'll give you my dollar :)

2. I honestly have no response to this. Getting High on marijuana should not be illegal whatsoever. It never hurts anyone and it makes people happy and relaxed.

3. It isn't a crime, to me, something being illegal doesn't make it a crime, I can decide what a crime is myself. The reason why it's illegal though is that people think about shit when they're high. Nobody want to get in a fight while there baked, that's why alcohols legal, so we can start wars. We would be a more free thinking country and thus more of a threat to the government and that is why it's illegal.

4. #4 Jahkota, Oct 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2009
    Its been proven better for you than tobacco and alcohol. It has also been proven to little damage overall to your body. It would bring in a revenue of over 1 Billion dollars of tax revenue. If legalized it would be taking the money away from dealers and gangs, and putting it into the government and hard working men and women. Its a victimless crime.

No reason for it to be illegal.

5. more people die from asperin each year than from marijuana.
    nobody smokes marijuana and decides to go home and beat their wife, or decides to neglect their family like with alchohol.
    there is no proof that marijuana has ever killed anybody.
    marijuana is not addictive at all, maybe psychologically
    marijuana keeps me sane and unlike popular belief it accually keeps me away from harder drugs
    when i get high it makes me happy and all my troubles float away
    whenever i get high i always think to myself "what's so wrong about this that it has to be illegal?"
    legalize it.

6. Keep in mind nobody has ever died from marijuana usage.

7. and the government doesnt know much.
    But they DO know that they cant have a bunch of "Free Thinkers" roaming around.

8. *blast down the door*
    Agent: This is the FBI, we heard you were thinking! *shoots and kills* we're just here to ask some questions.

Agent2: Shit it looks like 4 bullets just got lodged in his brain. Fucking terrorists.

9. Black people do it.

10. FTW +rep

11. Getting high/being high isn't a crime. You can tell a cop your high but if you don't have any bud on u then ur fine. Possession is the illegal part.

12. haha well first of all getting high is illegal because it involves possessing weed....being high is not illegal unless you are doing pretty much anything but walking. and if u tell a cop ur high he will probly search whatever he can which would suck

13. It's not a crime and even if it was I would still do it because I'm a rebel like that.

14. Getting high is not a crime, only possessing/selling/buying/growing it is.

15. + the government profits from the FDA.

16. is driving while high a crime? iv heard it was and wasnt. iv been pulled over high as shit and the cop said driving uner the influence of weed was still illegal however he did nothing about it.

17. only a violation in NY :smoking:

18. I would think so. Technically, you're "intoxicated." Personally though, I follow the posted speed limits and signs a lot more when I'm baked.

19. i guess it depends where you live but here you can get a DWI.

20. driving whiole high is a crime (DUI)- driving under the influence of a controlled substance....... getting high isnt a crime.. if you get caught with bud on you they can charge you possession.. if your caught smoking weed you dont get charged with getting high... you get charged with possession of the controlled substance