Why germinate?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by nathon418, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Hey, im new to this site and i was just wondering... Why germinate? This is the first time i have ever tried to grow weed and i didnt germinate the seeds, i just threw them in some merical grow and put a little water on it and a day later i seen a white sprout comming out of one of the seeds. I got a couple more questions also, what kind of a light bulb should i use? I was told it didnt matter what kind of bulb i used as long as its hot enough... im using a normal desk lamp rite now and it seems to be working fine. How many hours of light should these get while they are sprouting? 12/12 or 24/0 or somewheres in between that? Any suggestions would really help, thanks :wave:.

2. hey dude you dont 'have' to germinate, but you badily need to do your research read the stickys they have all your answers & more, no u cant just use any bulb & alot of heat is not good temps only need to be 75-79oF

3. Best way to answer all your questions........READ THE FORUMS. I did and I have 4 plants that haven't yet died and each one is 1 ft tall. It's also my first ever grow.:)

4. You can´t use any old lamp. Certainly not a regular incandescent bulb. Lots of stuff already written on lamps - read the stickies.