Why Fan Bud Taste Good?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Sickomindo, Nov 25, 2017.

1. This is my 3rd grow and turned out to be in my best ever thx to my QB/Cob setup but drying and curing although I have done fairly decent I need to get dialed in better then as I do my research and smoke popcorn bud off my new girls and remembering my second grow same thing why is it bud dried very fast within 48 hours on a fan can sometimes taste very good meanwhile in another few weeks from now after harvesting taste completely shitty? How can bud dried up so fast still taste that good sometimes although I will admit it's not all the time but sometimes you get those hits that's the sweetest candy or a sweet as any bud I've ever got got a dispensary that's for sure. But all the drying and curing processes and the science of it doesn't make any sense how that would even be possible once in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. The drying process needs to be slow and steady. If you do it quick, the bud gets unevenly cured and parts taste worse than others.

flat,800x800,075,f.u3.jpg

3. Ty but im not a newbie i understood that years ago but what I don't understand is I have smoked bud for 35+ years I know the difference between good bud and shitty tasting bud and when I grow my own there are times in the beginning of a dry/cure even a fast dry like right now I'm smoking stuff off of my grow that taste fantastic other times in another week or two if it's not cured right it won't taste fantastic. It doesn't have the dank smell , but the taste at times is a sweet dank taste. I have smoked bud all over the country at different dispensaries in different states for the last 20+ years so I know the difference there also. I just don't understand if the drying/curing process were relied so much on flavor and taste with time, how come it's possible to have this happen? It doesn't make any sense you would think 99% of the time it should always taste shitty shouldn't it? I definitely am not questioning the information coming down the pike regarding drying and curing I believe that's definitely the way I just don't understand how sometimes brand new bad dried with a fan within 48 hours can taste so good sometimes that's all. Speaking of new information the new were down the pike coming is don't flush for two weeks maybe 5 to 7 days max especially for Hydro guys.

4. Speaking of taste and flavor I remember my second grow I was growing wonder woman and a K 48 and some was really good in others just tasted like shit and I'm not sure if it was the cure in humidity or something else was going on my with my grow who knows could've been cooking smells or anything coming into that room.

5. Oh well could be worse at least I have this to dry and cure lol.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1