Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why dont we celebrate on August 15-18th(Woodstock)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by SaintsGrow420, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Hope I posted in right category, but I was wondering why do we hail 4/20 as appose to 4/20, Woodstock was the old school stoner meetup lol, and they were fighting for a part of what we are today, legalization, they hated the war in Vietnam and they just wanted to be free,woodstock seems higher importance than 4/20, maybe 420 could be stoner Christmas and Woodstock would be the stoner thanksgiving, lol I have a little celebration the days of Woodstock me and friends will get together and get as much bud as possible and we play stoner games like dabsketball, we have smokeoffs and we play baseball and we have like tournaments and stuff

2. 4/20 is connected to marijuana specifically, whereas Woodstock was a music festival. It was definitely an important moment in 1960's counterculture, but it can't really be recreated in any meaningful way, IMO.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Here's how we got to 420. The real story from the mouths of the guys who made it up.

4. Yeah ive known that was where 420 came from but still Woodstock was a whole festival. they were listening to Hendrix and just legends while enjoying bud, and just wanting to be free I think it was incredible, Woodstock turns 41/42 this year I think its definetly worth some celebrating, 420 is known more in my generation but ive also thought Woodstock deserves some recognition

5. Yeah true but the typical stoner stereo type kind of falls in line with hippie but in those times that's when marijuana kind of became demonized along with other street drugs and I admire Hendrix and Bob Dylan,might be why I have an interest in Woodstock as my friends and I like that era of music as well as modern but weve always payed respect to Woodstock for the last 2 years cause most hippies were the old school stoners

6. Sure, I understand that much
    But personally i have no interest in being a stereotype. I don't identify with 60's counter-culture because I was not involved with it. Although i do appreciate what it brought, and i like the music from that time period. I mean, woodstock was a music festival where people went to see bands and have a good time. I'm all about doing that and making my own memories.

7. we aren't really that stereotype but I do love doing festivities for 420, might just be one of those things between us as friends with the Woodstock thing, Im don't really identify with it either but I do love how far music and marijuana culture has come since those times and I have met people who were there at Woodstock and I love hearing what they say and how they feel about current events