Why don't people like athiests?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by rawrzzzz, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Like a bunch of guys I know were hating on some other dude because he's athiest. What's wrong with not believing the same thing as you?

2. Because people hate on other people for being different? If you are not in the majority you will be looked down upon. This is the conclusion I have come to.

Edit: Also people aren't very tolerant nowadays.

3. Religious people are afraid of atheists. If a person can believe there is not a god, and still be happy and be a good person and live a good life, it shows that their religion is not necessary, at least not for everybody. This makes them uncomfortable, possibly even wrong. So they have to prove that the atheist is wrong, or that they are right, or preferably both.

4. they're jelly

5. Because a lot of atheists that I have known are quite annoying. You'll be like "jesus christ" then they'll add "he wasn't real"

I'm not saying every atheist is like that, but from ones I've seen. I mean I don't believe in the shit either, but it's like damn man.

6. A lot of the atheists on here will, as guy above me said, always try to disprove anything anyone who says something they disagree with and are very pompous and closed-minded. Many atheists claim to dislike religion cuz of the closed-mindedness, yet now they, as atheists, have become as closed-minded as any religious person. Awesome!

7. Lol a hindu who believes in a thousand gods will laugh at you cos you believe in none

8. We make fun of theists, so whatever. :p

9. cause they are not AS brainwashed

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hmz6DVpz0s&NR=1]YouTube - Bush does Dr. Evil[/ame]

10. I remember seeing this, but I can't remember what thread. But if it's in the religion section and you say anything remotely religious it's fair game. Now if it was in the A.T. section, that would be a little different.

11. Because the majority use ad hominem as a means of justifying their belief. "I'm atheist, anyone who disagrees is ignorant or just plain stupid" - The Atheist :p

I've met some really chill atheists in real life and on this forum, but I think that's generally the answer to your question.

12. Both people with religion and people without do it. They insult when they have nothing else to say.

It's a perpetual cycle. ;)

13. Well to be fair some atheists can be asolute douchebags just like religious people.

14. No one deserves to be made fun of, no matter how wrong they are.

No one deserves to be disliked, no matter how evil they are.

You will find no hurtful words, no unkind remarks, coming from the mouth of anyone who truly has wisdom.

15. Well why else doesn't anybody like anybody?

16. I'm part of the anybody, and I love everybody

17. Ah. I was just unclear whether it was "You don't believe the same thing as me fuck you" or not.

18. atheist allllllll are fucking Hippocrates... how can you say "omg their is no good blah blaaah omg" and the only thing you haver to back your friggin theory up is a book writtin buy another fudgin idiot... and these people praise these authors like wtf.... you just said their is no god but you worship a book and the author to that book... your just as brainwashed as the people who do...:confused:.. before you read your little atheist book you prolly really didnt care much for any religion ... so i dont get it... what does being an atheist provide your life with?.... you would be better of just embracing the dark side at least it would come with a few toys like a happy meal..

19. They just see a perpetuating cycle of events, and that would be religion. It started way back in time when the first thing we find of first humans possessing are something to do with a higher power. So they feel like it's all just bullshit, because no 1 religion can be right.

I'm agnostic by the way. I can't explain what exactly goes through atheist's heads, but I think I came close considering I'm agnostic (and stoned :p)

20. Nothing against their belief...it just happens a lot of them tend to be pricks about it.

-.-

But then again, the believers are pricks too.

Guess everyone's just a prick, with the exception of like 600 people