Why don't more people use kief boxes?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Sparky88, Dec 10, 2011.

1. A simple 2 piece grinder and a kief box is so much better than 4 piece grinder

2. Same reason I prefer my iPhone to a home phone and a computer mixed together

It's portable, and it does everything the latter does perfectly fine for my standards

3. It's all a matter of preference. It works for you, but maybe not for somebody else.

4. ive been wanting to get one for a long time. now that i have money again thats what im after. thanks for the reminder lol
    you can make any 4 peice grinder into a 2 peice grinder by just putting it back together with out the third peice (peice with the screen).

5. Wouldn't that make it a 3-piece grinder? :confused:

6. yeah true lol im high, its the same concept though your ground weed just falls into one chamber instead of staying in the teeth.

7. No I get that a grinder has its place and all that.

It just seems like a lot of people have never even tried a kief box, that's all

8. I'm interested in getting one... not for ground bud.... but a place for my bud to sit while it waits to go to the grinder... much rather have those trichromes collecting on a tray than caking to the sides of my jar

9. Same reason I do not do a lot of things. Australia has no walmart! and I have no car. I cant be going to 3-5 stores by bus to make a box.

10. Yea I love mine so much. It seriously puts the grinder to shame when it comes to collecting allot of kief

11. because grinder's and keif boxes are different things. one takes the keif off the weed. one grinds it while catching "excess" keif

12. :rolleyes:

13. I've wanted one for a while, never got around to it. Does the bud get dried out sitting on top of a screen for a while? How long do you usually leave your bud in the box?

14. I got a cheap one on eBay a while ago that worked really well but the tray would get a little gunked up. Recently got a cheap magnetic one from a lhs and I really like it, except it needs a finer screen, the kiefs not golden :(

The bud gets a little more dried out, but if you get a really nice one theyre air tight. I like letting it get a little dryer because I vape with it a lot of the time. I usually put like 2 g's in at a time (I have a smaller box) and go through about a g a day. In my old one I'd put a quarter at a time and fill it about once a week.

15. personally, i have never used a kief box. i dont really know much about them either. i do have a 4-piece Sharpstone and i have a pollen press, so i have made little kief wafers a couple of times. the thing is, i dont grind THAT much, unless im rolling a joint. normally i smoke bowls (could be just a spoon pipe bowl, a onie, or some bong hits depending on my mood). i am, however, interested in learning more about the kief box and the benefits of grinding, collecting kief, etc.

so im a kief box noob, for sure.

16. Very true, I have never tried one and only heard good things about them :D

But I'll still only use a grinder for now

17. If you like kief I highly recommend getting one. You can pick one up for like $30 and you get so much more kief than with a grinder.

18. Idk how people can oppose a kief box. Kief Grinders arnt even worth mentioning up against a grinder/box setup. It's not fair in any way, I get 6x more since I started using the box

19. #19 dankia, Dec 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2011
    well after owning 3 kief boxes, and seeing many more due to friends i have come to the conclusion that they really aren't that practical more of a luxury, but hey if you got the money minus well add it to the collection. Here are some pros n cons

Pros- you get alot of really fine kief, the blonde kind where as a grinder gets more of a greenish color due to weed being it. Thats it there is no other pros beside pressing it and being amazed at what you collected.

Cons- while you do get alot of kief from the box it does make your bud less potent to the point that i did notice the difference between bud in my box that has been shaken moderately and bud in my mason jar.
    -Kief boxes also grind up your bud a good amount to the point where it breaks up a beautiful nug into tiny chunks ( not good for resale even though thats fucked up if you do that after shaking it but ive seen people do it)
    - Ive come to the conclusion that it does dry out you weed if you keep it in there for more than 3 days, to be honest your better off with a jar, and airtight does not always mean its airtight and ive owned high end brands such as natural expansion(roor) wikkia boxes etc.. that claim they are.
    -end rant i still enjoy owning my kief box and if you got some extra cash go for just dont store your bud in it all the time take the nug out of jar then shake it a little bit get some kiefy goodness

-pro tip when you finish shaking the boxes always wait a few mins for all the particles that were shaken up to fall down so you dont waste any kief. Resist the urge to look

20. Cuz they dun know where to get one :rolleyes: