Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why dont I get high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TokeTruck, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Okay, I have been smoking out of bongs and bongs only lately and when I smoked a joint i didn't get me nearly as high so I smoked more bowls out of a glass piece and like 20 minutes later i was just pretty high. This happened to me another time also. Anybody know why smoking out of bowls and joints don't get me as high as bongs?

2. Basically because bongs get you ripped; joints waste a bit more than bongs, and...well pipes i guess the same answer

3. #3 nothacking, Aug 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2009
    It could just be how ur body takes bong hits compares to a bowl or a joint. For my preference I either smoke a bong, vaporizer, or scooby snack that shit. Try using a bubbler, it's the best of both worlds.

4. Yeah but I smoked like a gram and a half out of my bong and I got Extremely Blazed. Than I smoked about 3 or 4 grams from bowls ad joints and I wasn't even as blazed. I always take huge hits from everything.

5. Joints gets you 25%-30% of the THC
    bowls get you 50%-60% THC depending on how many times you light it and how you light it.
    Bongs 75%-85% THC depending on how you light it and how your smoking it.
    Vaps 85%-95% THC.

These facts are like IN MY OPINION!!!! I can be completely off. but thats just my seeings.

Also tolerance. if you been smoking everyday. your tolerance will be greater. Smoke more to get the same feeling.
    Also every type of high is going to be different. it all depends on quality of the marijuana.

6. There is no way you can smoke more than a G in a sesh and not get high.

7. Same thing with me.
    I find when I smoke joints I barely feel anything.
    Bongs are so much better in my opinion.

8. duck thats an interesting theory you have their but im gonna have to disagree with the bowl and bong percent
    i agree that joints waste smoke and weed but i think you would get more thc from a bowl because your getting the smoke directly
    with a bong it goes through water and im sure some of the thc content would go down from going through water , just my opinion though
    i still think thats a cool theory you have though

9. as a matter of fact im going to try it in a couple hours haha
    because i usually always smoke pipes, and my poor bong is just sittin their bein lonely
    and i can tell that my bong is lonely so im gonna give her some weed to replenish her

10. Facts are not opinion, and you're way off.

Bongs are no more efficient than joints. They just get people higher faster because of the volume of smoke consumed.

11. your the man oldschool

12. THe reason you get higher from a bong is because you have all that smoke rush into your lungs all at one time whereas with a pipe or joint its just a small hit entering your lungs so less smoke. I have the same problem with joints, not pipes though. Like I will smoke a joint and I will get a minimum buzz and I gotta smoke a cig and a bowl to enhance the high.

13. I have a question though. I have a small bong will me getting a big bong get me higher than the small one

14. The bigger the bong, the more smoke that can be made inside the bong and rushed into your lungs. So the short answer is yes.

15. yeah but when i fill up my small bong thats all the smoke i can handle
    i dont have iron lungs, thanks for the reply man

16. Thats good because the bigger the rip the more you waste. Smaller hits are always more efficient in the long run.

17. joints are good for the "hey lets smoke this in 4minutes before i gotta go out somewhere"

i can kill a joint mad quick, and because you smoke it fast you dont lose as much thc from the smoke because it rarely has time to just drift away when your not hitting it.

they aren't like blunts, blunts take long to burn and the smoke doesnt drift away as much, while joints are like 5x the burn rate of a blunt imo.

just smoke it fast, get high, and enjoy

18. hey thanks old school
    would you be able to anwer a q for me
    my plants fan feafs are getting brown spots in the middle of the leaf and then works its way out
    any suggestions