Why dont I enjoy tobacco anymore?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by stoned42, Jul 31, 2012.

1. [quote name='"stoned42"']

and its legal :smoke:[/quote]
    That's where they get ya.. the world would be a beautiful place if you could buy cannabis in the same fashion as tobacco.

2. Yep I would love to just walk in a shop and ask for some dank weed :smoke:

3. Sorry man the guy just pissed me off
    Yeah, literally!

4. idk why lately ive totally forgotten about tobacco.
    im living in england now, and people here smoke weed with tobacco only (at least here) and since ive been smoking them spliffs i havent even been interested in buying the usual 10 camels.
    today i even had the money available, i thought about it and said 'nah fuck that, ill spend this money with some girl.'
    i cant believe, today was a good day.

5. Good for you :hello: I also live in england and I hate spliffs, everyone says you have to mix tobacco with weed :mad: my friend even thought the nicotine helps the THC travel or something so you have to use tobacco to get high :rolleyes: I always make puries though cause I hate the taste of tobacco, its bad for you, it costs extra and it gives me headaches :smoking:
    Also is it weird that I never get red eyes even yesterday when I smoked half an eigth of some dank cheese with my low tolerance :smoke:

6. lol @ cancerfags

tobacco smoke contains carcinogens
    therefore tobacco causes cancer
    weed smoke contains carcinogens
    therefore weed causes cancer?

Independent studies have proven that the carcinogens contained in marijuana smoke can cause respiratory dysfunction and the conversion of respiratory cells to a pre-cancerous state..

It's easy to see why weed hasn't been linked to cancer as vigorously as tobacco has. First of all, they are not equally carcinogenic, with weed smoke having significantly less.

2nd, look at smoking habits. I'd say an average tobacco user smokes between 10 cigarettes to 20 cigarettes a day. The average marijuana user? Obviously it varies, but I doubt you're seeing someone smoke 10 joints a day, while possible, not likely.

Obviously you're better off not smoking. But the people who come in here and spread hate on tobacco are the same ones glorifying weed with the all-mighty phrase "its not a drug, its a plant durr", (while not seeing that tobacco is also, just a plant) and they like to be on the winning side of a fight against an unpopular substance.

So, please cease bashing tobacco to make yourselves feel better, there's no point in coming onto a thread about tobacco just to enter the one line pearl of wisdom "weed is harmless, tobacco is instant death".

7. #87 H4Boxer, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2012
    [quote name='"iDontSmokeBlunt"']lol @ cancerfags

Obviously you're better off not smoking. But the people who come in here and spread hate on tobacco are the same ones glorifying weed with the all-mighty phrase "its not a drug, its a plant durr", (while not seeing that tobacco is also, just a plant) .[/quote]

Tobacco is derived from the plat, but when you buy a pack of cigarettes your not just inhaling "tobacco plant matter", you are inhaling chemicals.

Would you like a link to a list of chemicals found in most top brand cigarettes?

Edit: cannabis is a drug, so is tobacco, and also tylonol.

8. You're technically right, tobacco isn't the actual plant, the plant is called Nicotiana. Tobacco is what its called when the leaves are harvested and processed, and then rolled into cigarettes/cigars and smoked.

However, there are additive-free cigarettes, the most popular brand being the American Spirits, but there are several others.

In any case, the main point of my first post was to simply point out that weed has the potential to cause cancer as well, I don't want someone registering for Grasscity and being subjected to naively written posts such as "quit tobacco, stick to herb" when the best advice would be to quit smoking all together. If you want to dispute that statement by saying marijuana is medicinal, then I would tell you that you need to stop using the most inefficient and harmful method of consuming marijuana, aka smoking, and use a much healthier method, such as vaporizing or making THC pills.

That is all.

9. [quote name='"iDontSmokeBlunt"']
    You're technically right, tobacco isn't the actual plant, the plant is called Nicotiana. Tobacco is what its called when the leaves are harvested and processed, and then rolled into cigarettes/cigars and smoked.

However, there are additive-free cigarettes, the most popular brand being the American Spirits, but there are several others.

In any case, the main point of my first post was to simply point out that weed has the potential to cause cancer as well, I don't want someone registering for Grasscity and being subjected to naively written posts such as "quit tobacco, stick to herb" when the best advice would be to quit smoking all together. If you want to dispute that statement by saying marijuana is medicinal, then I would tell you that you need to stop using the most inefficient and harmful method of consuming marijuana, aka smoking, and use a much healthier method, such as vaporizing or making THC pills.

That is all.[/quote]

Regardless of the choice of consumption commercial tobacco products are much more worse for your health than naturally grown cannabis buds.
    Tobacco is physically addicting meaning, when you get that craving for a smoke, that's your body "thinking" it needs it. Yes, cannabis can be psychologically addictive for some individuals, but in reality most anything can be.

Btw I primarily vape.

10. A lot of things we enjoy on a typical basis can cause cancer & are bad for you. Soda, candy, fast food.

Not saying it's okay, just saying don't be a hypocrite. You can't pick and choose what's bad for you, what's bad is bad.

11. i know what u mean. someone even told me "if you smoke THIS weed (english weed, like theres any difference) without tobacco youre gonna get proper addicted"...i was like niqqa what?

12. Its really annoying IMO :smoke: