Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why dont I enjoy my high anymore?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by tokingandpoking, Apr 26, 2013.

1. When I first started smoking, a friends dad was growing a plant which from what I remember of the plant, and what I know now, it was a sativa strain. When I was buying bud from them, I remember the best highs of my life. Bright and colorful scenery, euphoric sensation, long lasting. It seems like I can't achieve that anymore. Is this because largely, the commercial grown stuff that I buy from a middle man dealer is most likely indica or a hybrid strain? Seeing as indica is easier to grow and less finicky. Is it possible that I'm just not getting the same high grade sativa buds and thats why I don't get a nice euphoric high?

Productive smoking is key to your enjoyment of the herb

2. Probably your tolerance man been smoking too many billies your receptors done been fried

3. Short answer: tolerance.

Basically, the more you ingest cannabis (or any substance), the more your body gets used to it, and you need more of whatever substance you're using to feel the desired effect.

Unfortunately, you'll never really be able to recapture the exact feelings of your first times smoking. The very fact that it's the first times you're smoking is part of what makes it so powerful. You can come pretty close though.

You have a couple options. The best option is to take a tolerance break. Just stop smoking for a while. The longer the better, but if you smoke a decent amount, I would recommend at least a month.

Second option is to buy/make a concentrate like oil or hash. The first time I smoked a concentrate was the highest I've been since my first year of smoking. Definitely worth it.

4. When you were smoking the shit that got you really high how was your life? We're you happy or depressed or neutral?

5. Thanks man. I think I'm gonna just take a tolerance break soon. Also your second option sounds like a good one seeing as I have 7 little babies about to go in the woods for the summer :)

6. My life was going great then maybe a year after things started falling apart to be honest. Maybe it is just because life was good and I was magnifying that and now I live on my own in this harsh economy and life isn't as good so my highs suck?

7. That's why man , you were happy and enjoying the herb to its potential! If you want your next time to be good just get in a good mood before you hit it. Just think of all the good shit in your life

8. probably, plus you build up a tolerance.

9. Its not gonna be because it is indica, a lot of times indica usually as or more potent because the grow is controlled. Bit I think you could chalk your issue up to just tolerance.