Why dont I enjoy being high anymore :-[

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by a_bong_princess, Jun 20, 2009.

1. So I didnt smoke for over a month, clsoe to 5 wks I guess. And now, everytime I smoke I just dont even enjoy it :-[ :confused:
    I mean, I get rly high but then I end up all paranoid and anxious, then the morning after passing out blazed I just feel depressed and worthless. This isnt supposed to happen... I mean I just moved out but im smoking w/ mostly the same ppl, and my bf is always there... weeds not rly a set/setting thing anyway so idk!
    uggh so frustrating. im almost feeling like my rents were right or something. Thats a scary thought :(

2. Well, when I get high I make the most of it. I sometimes just chill on the computer but that gets boring. I play video games, watch a movie, go for a walk, bike ride, whatever. Just something to do, and weed just makes that that much more fun. I always listen to music too. Just do something fun, or better yet hang out with some friends

Also maybe you just gotta get used to it again, since you took a month off.

3. when I'm high I lose all of my worries and just deal with the present, sure I'm sometimes more paranoid but then I tell myself to stop thinking I'm hearing people talk to me while I have headphones on or something. Obviously you should try to do different things when you're high to see what you enjoy doing most but if you aren't enjoying it at all then don't waste your money on something that you don't benifit from.

4. Try smoking only when you're going to be doing something you think being high will make more interesting. I agree that it can get boring to just smoke and sit around...you just have to get active when you're high and let it enhance your life. If you aren't feeling anything positive from it anymore, maybe weed just isn't for you, you may have just grown out of it.

My guess is if you start smoking just when you're going to do something (like go to a movie, museum, on a walk in nature, etc) you'll start appreciating it again. Let us know how it works out :)

5. Get drunk, and smoke .. Then your "over" this period :hello:
    no shit man..!

6. Smoke with some friends and maybe new people. It makes it interesting, and also just go places or go on bike rides with friends.

7. sounds like a mild.latent form of depression begining to come to the surface.
    Not trying to scare you, but you should definently go see a counselor, they work wonders. Any tragic, emotional, or painful events happen recently?

8. well - you dont HAVE to smoke... you know?;)

9. Reasons ike this *IMO* are what cause people to move on to harder drugs. Not saying that it's wrong, because if I did I would be a hypocrite, but when weed doesn't do the job anymore, people tend to replace it with a harder drug in order to accomplish a high.

10. Yeah, just moved out after a huge falling out w/ my rents (who i dont care aboutb "disappointing") but my grandparents, grandma esp, are worried about me living w/ my bf... :eek:

I've been feeling better about thngs the past few days tho.

11. When im high, i dont like the first 20mins, thats wen im paranoid as hell, but maybe its because ur thinking about u moving out too much, just go watch some cartoons or something, there like 1000x funnier high (even reruns!)

12. if you have a dirtbike or motorcycle... go out and fix it up and make itaaa beast. then ride it around. thats what i do when im baked

13. IMO you are used to the effects so they have lost some luster. For example my friends love watching crazy movies like "inception" while high. For me i just get bored, Lately i've been listening to Biomecca and going to sushiland while baked.

biomecca.org
    p.s. "the pilgrimage" has some of there best work and is free to download.