Why dont Canidians work for $0.13 an hour like indonesians do?

Discussion in 'General' started by hypnogreen, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Please dont think im picking on Canidians.

Think of the title as

Why dont (your country here) work for $0.13 an hour like indonesians do?

Now this has been thought out and it may seem at first to be a ridiculous question but if you think past the fact that “they just do”; why don't we?
    Are we better, More self respecting? so we just have a better standard of living. Because why?
    Better government? Not in the 1900's; we were a 3rd nation well before the term was created along with Canadian and France, child labor was wide spread and we worked just so we didn't starve.

So why?
    Just a thought. Although if someone actually has a logical answer id be impressed.

2. its our standard of living. our minimum wages are based upon certain things like inflation, state and federal taxes, cost of living in the particular area, etc.

3. Yes i know. But if it works so well and its a simple as it seems why doesnt it just happen. Dont you think the people of hadiye demand and want better living conditions?

4. At one point, our politicians had brains who made some decent laws.

5. That's a good question, if those damn Canadians stopped being so selfish we could import all of our useless junk from them with lower shipping costs.

Canada, it's time you stopped riding our coattails and start working for us you lazy bastards.

6. its unfortunate that those who earn those wages live in countries with no laws regulating minimum wages, workers comp, workers relations, unions... anything relating to the wellbeing and happiness of their citizens, rather just passing laws that make the lawmakers the most money. its fucked up.

7. What you just described is capitalism. And it works quite well in poor countries because the rich get richer and the poor lose hope.

8. well if you wanna get technical we used to work for .13 an hour. BUT, as our country got bigger and more powerful, our standard of living went up to where we dont hAVE to work for 13 cents an hour.

Being as indonesia has a lower standard of living, they make less for the same amount of work.

9. Corrupt governments, imperialism, lower standard of living, corporate greed, etc.

10. probably because you can't buy shit making 13 cents an hour in canada
    whereas in some 3rd world countries atleast you can scrape together enough for some meals or something i dunno

11. what's a canidian?

12. I'd think that the bigger joke would be on the person who didn't realize what "canidian" was, despite the fact it was spelled wrong.

13. I'd think that the BIGGER joke would be on the person who didn't realize that I was obviously joking.