why don't atheists ever go after the jews?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by lady garbage, Aug 30, 2011.

1. [quote name='"m00zix"']
    Obviously it's someone that accepts all of the teachings of Christianity. At least in the bible, I would say.[/quote]

that's like 0 people then. have you ever read Deuteronomy? some crazy ish.

no one buys all of XTNY, they pick and chose

2. stfu we have explained this to you a thousand times.

3. [quote name='"AlienBlood"']
    Someone who reads the bible and believes it I guess.[/quote]

Which version of the bible? King James? English Standard version? Contemporary English version? New American bible? New Revised Standard edition? What about one of the early Greek translations?

How do you determine which version is most accurate?

4. Most people certainly do pick and choose. But what about clergymen? And it's a matter of teachings/values, not what ever crazy shit goes on in Deuteronomy. It wouldn't be in the bible if it didn't serve some purpose.

5. those are good it depends on what style you like the best. Most people cross reference all of the versions to ensure they understand what's being said. I personally just use the king james version mostly but I have an NIV one as well.

6. hmm I hear rather frequently about atheists ranting about muslims but then again I live in Norway so go figure:rolleyes:
    I think pertains more to location than anything else. Plus i can't think of any good reason to talk shit about Jews they are pretty innocent compared to most religions.

7. Then you need to revise your view of Mormons.

Mormons believe that Jesus Christ is YHVH made flesh, the literal Imanu'el, G-d with us. They believe that he was YHVH before his earthly existence, but after his ascension he is just called Jesus Christ.

They call him the "firstborn of the Father" and affirm that salvation only comes through his name.

Doesn't sound too radical now, does it?

This is coming from someone who has actually sat down and read the Book of Mormon cover to cover. It might do you some good to do so, so you don't keep spreading lies about them.

8. Radical? Dude I love mormons. They are such nice people and really how could you hate them they are just so cool albeit they have that strange twinkle in their eyes. ;)

But my problem with Mormons calling themselves Christian is that Jesus Christ said the commandments have been fulfilled and to just sit back, chillax and wait for his return. But before he left he's all like "yo nucckas, keep your eyes peeled for them false prophets, they're lying! I'm all you need! Peace the fux out!" :laughing: Fuck I'm soo high :smoking:

9. That's not exactly what Jesus said...

He said that he came not to abolish the law, but to fulfill it. To the Jews of that period and today, the "Law," is how we refer to animal sacrifices. "Derech haTorah," the "Work of the Torah" is the propitiation of sin through sacrifice, or in these days, through repentance and right-action. The Torah is literally a blueprint for how to live with the highest goal in mind: returning to the Creator. Jesus believed this, hence why he kept the commandments.

Christ was saying that he came to end animal sacrifices. That doesn't mean you are exempt from living a righteous life, just as the Jews during that time period were not exempt from living a righteous life after Yom Kippur.

He also said "not all who cry "L-rd, L-rd" will enter into the kingdom of heaven."

To me that says you need a whole lot more than just a one time "I believe in Jesus!" And unfortunately, most of mainstream Christianity teaches that works get you nowhere.

Yet James says that faith without works is dead.

10. I interpret that simply as those with faith in God are not guaranteed a ticket into heaven simply based on their faith. One must lead a "sin-free" life etc etc. But then again, they (those with faith) can rape and kill all they like. They only have to ask forgiveness/repent in the end to ensure access in to heaven ;)

11. That is what most mainstream Christians believe, too. One simple "I'm sorry Jesus" and your slate is wiped clean.

This idea was absolutely foreign to the first century Jewish-Christians, as we can see through the writings of the early church fathers.

They believed in works heavily. This is not to say they didn't believe in the grace of G-d, because they did. They just saw that their own lives had to be a life of transformation, from a carnal creature to a spiritual creature worthy of the Presence of G-d

12. You have to sincerely want to be forgiven and sincerely put effort into changing. Someone who constantly rapes and kills will have a much harder time giving up their sins. Rapists and killers also tend to lie, cheat, abuse, selfish, lustful, etc.

Its not as simple as you think.

13. Well no, you didn't address my "repent" part. That is VITAL.

I'm not surprised. Christianity as we know it is a product of evolution (not in the theoretical sense :p)

14. all religions are a parody to worship the sun, all religions copied the Egyptian ways. look it up and do some research if you don't believe me. you will see nearly every religion is a copy of each others with different but VERY similar names for all the major people in each religions bibles, with the same stories ect., just all slightly changed.

15. #715 AlienBlood, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2011
    You're preaching to the choir on this one. I am not a person who goes around telling people they need to just close their eyes and say a few sentences and then they can go back to their orgies, alcoholic, Godless lives. :laughing: Those are the majority of Christians in America I agree. I don't look at that as black and white though, I think intention says a lot "only God knows our heart". If you seriously come to a realization that Jesus Christ died for your sins then you are saved at that point, "by the grace of God", but if you deliberately disobey him because you think "I'm saved", well, I'll let God be the judge of that....

If you accept Christ into your heart and reject the world and strive to move closer to him everyday than that's good...

But God is a fair and just God it is my personal opinion that he doesn't judge us on our works alone because he takes into account other circumstances, willpower being among others. Some people are just naturally weak-willed, I believe, and if their heart is in the right place and they're not trying to deceive God, well, the world will obviously going to continue judging that person but I will let my lord Jesus Christ be the judge of me. If someone wants to focus their beliefs around some "prophet" that came after Jesus, well, more power to them but I will not call them Christians, they're mormon. The world will call anyone who calls themselves Christian, Christian, I am less liberal with me labels. :)

But I am certainly not going to go as far as to start judging for God. :)

I'll just agree to disagree. God doesn't tell us to argue continuously with the non-believers if it becomes clear that they aren't interested in salvation or search for truth, but perhaps deception, planting seeds of doubt, or other shameful deeds I won't waste my time on that person. They become easier to spot the closer my relationship with Jesus Christ becomes.

16. First of all, you too over read the word "repent."

How is that relevant? Repenting/asking for forgiveness of your sins embodies all of that.

You are stopping the behavior if you ask/repent on your deathbed.

I'm thinking it's pretty simple.

17. #717 Kush Lord, Sep 7, 2011
    You said "They only have to ask for forgiveness/repent"..."they can kill and rape all they like"...the way you worded it was understating the way forgiveness/repentance works.

18. #718 m00zix, Sep 7, 2011
    Well, as you pointed out, I think it's a pretty simple system so my syntax will elude to such.

EDIT: I used the words "forgiveness" and "repentance" explicitly, how could I have downplayed how they work if I did not even elaborate on how they work! Though, your assumption is correct. I do feel they are pretty easy to achieve (granted you do not lack the ability sympathize) (you do not have to be a psychopath to be a serial killer/rapist and you do not have to lack the ability to sympathize/place yourself in one's position to be a psychopath.)

19. Yeah, even most Christians don't look at it as this black and white. They fear God's judgment and see that viewpoint as deliberately trying to outsmart him or deceive him. It's mainly just anti-christians who talk like that to demoralize Christians. That only works for "baby" Christians though.

20. #720 m00zix, Sep 7, 2011
    Are you kidding me? For the many years I attended christian/catholic schools the priests/teachers would tell you how important it was to ask for forgiveness/repent and this was all that was required to absolve your sins/get in to heaven. I'll be damned if this belief is not vastly instilled in both of these religions.

You are incorrect in trying to pin me as a bigot.

Furthermore, how are you going to say what you did in the first line of your response and then like this guy's post? First line says it all:

Albeit you may have liked the latter half, this still poses quite the conundrum (fucking love that word.)