Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why doesn't weed like me?!! ;(

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by lukee, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Hi all,
    I'm a newbie to smoking weed and have only smoked it twice, both times were bad experiences.

My first ever time, I smoked a whole joint and it gave me an incredibly terrifying experience. It felt like someone had poured 5 inches of concrete between my skin and flesh all over my body, I could barely move and I got extremely cold with severe cotton mouth which lead me unable to talk (sounds funny talking about it but I was EXTREMELY scared) other than these physical effects, the weed had no phycological effects on me at all and I felt nothing else.

After this horrific experience I was told I smoked WAY too much for my first ever time and was advised on here by people to smoke a lot less.

So I left it for about 2 months before I got the courage to try it again. This time I used very little weed and smoked about 4 small hits. Again it hit me like a brick wall, I got the same distressing feeling of the concrete between my skin and got very cold, however this time it only happened in my legs and the feeling passed after about an hour obviously due to the very low dose compared to last time. Other than the same physical effects, there was nothing psychologically, and was still feeling a little bit scared.

Can someone help me?? Why is this happening to me!!! ;/ all my friends and boyfriend smoke it and they just get so chilled out on it as well as being able to smoke so much of it. This has nothing to do with peer pressure or anything like that, I'm not doing it to "fit in" or because anyone is forcing me to, I just want to enjoy weed and chill out but I can't!

Any advice??

2. Few questions, what strains are you smoking? Sativa, hybrid, indica?
    Are you in a good mood before you smoke, are you worried beforehand, are you around others you trust?

Sent from my SM-J320P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I don't know which strains I'm smoking, however I used a different dealer each time just to be sure it wasn't shitty weed. They just told me it was weed.

I smoke around friends and smoked in different places both times, before I smoke I try to relax myself and go with it.

4. Personally when I started smoking I had a bad experience, but that was due to being in experienced, smoked way too much, was a sativa strain which is a cerebral high, head high, and I wasnt in the right surroundings, second time wasnt as bad but wasnt great. Once I realized and learned that it was the sativa strains I didnt like I went with a indica dominant hybrid and indicasl strains, that really helped, and once you realize its all in your head and youll be ok. Everyones different.

5. Should I keep smoking it while keeping my tokes low and see if the feeling goes away?

6. I would educate yourself a bit more, and if you want to continue to smoke. But don't force yourself to do something if you don't enjoy it, give it a few more shots, try to get a indica strain and see how that goes.

7. Try using a one hitter, take one hit and see how u feel, dont over do. Just relax, listen to some good music, eat some food, watch a movie.

8. Okay I'm gunna give this a go, also is there any way you can tell the strain just by looking at it or do I need to find out from the dealer?

9. I would only buy from people you trust, educate yourself on regs, mids, and good bud, youll learn what to look for smell, indica or indica dominant hydrids, the nugs are wider and shorter, sativa strains are skinny and long,.

10. And always look at what your getting before paying for it.

11. Stop taking x number of hits and seeing where it puts you. Just hit it once, keep doing whatever activity you're doing and enjoy yourself (listening to music can be great and calming), and if you need to go higher take another rip. etc

• Like Like x 1
  12. It sounds to me like you overdid it both times. Depending on what type of weed you got. If you got dank and took even 4 small hits, for a newbie like yourself, you're DEFINITELY Going to be feeling it, possibly even being uncomfortably high. I take 3 hits average of dank, and I'm an experienced stoner for years on end, daily, all day, every day. 3 hits is enough to get me stoned. And you took 4 for your first time? Sounds like you just overdid it.

Be patient when you take those first two hits. Don't smoke too much just because you don't feel it immediately. Give it a couple minutes at least before taking another toke.

I'd try for indica. Indica buds are usually more dense and have purple hairs (not always true, but a good rule of thumb). Sativa on the otherhand is more lightweight and fluffy and leafy and has orange hairs usually. Sativa can give a lot of people unpleasant highs especially if they smoke too much. Stick with Indica if you can.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Weed isn't for everyone

• Like Like x 1
  14. Stop smoking, weed isn't for everyone. It affects different people in different ways. I'd just pass on the weed the next time someone offers if I was you.

15. That's really just what being high feels like, it's just that you're fighting the high and interprating it as a bad thing. That feeling of concrete in your skin is called a body high, that's supposed to be an enjoyable feeling. Cotton mouth is just a normal side affect, and I'm not sure why you were cold.

Next time you smoke just mentally prepare yourself for what's about to happen, learn the love the body high, have some food and drink on hand, a blanket just in case you get cold.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thanks for all the help. I smoked again last week and smoked less than I did other times. This time I didn't experience any of the problems as before, however I don't know if I'm actually getting high because I don't know what to look for? I don't feel anything at all but It does make me feel relaxed and tired.

I'm now just going to try and smoke more frequently and gradually increase the amount of tokes and see how I get on.

17. Sounds like you get anxiety.

Try taking one hit and then waiting at least half an hour to see how you feel.

But some people just don't enjoy weed. Majority of the girls I know hate it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I'm not a girl though lmao but thanks for the advice

19. I'd say you're just a beginner. It's normal to get really high as you're new to it. But as you smoke more it'll go down and it'll be much more pleasant. I don't know what you expect to feel. But it certainly isn't too terribly different. I know when I first smoked I knew I felt different but I had high expectations of what would happen. As you smoke more you'll know how much you need to smoke and what it should feel like.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Smoke little until your tolerance goes up, then smoke more. You wouldn't take 3 shots in a row if you were new to drinking.

• Like Like x 1