Why Doesnt The United States Just Nationally Vote On Cannabis Legalization?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tastyblunt7, Jan 31, 2014.

1. So you are saying they are stupid... but you agree with them? Or are you saying that Global Corporatization of Cannabis Won't happen in direct contradiction to what they are saying? I'm at a loss here bro?
    A. They can't grow it better than the little guy, because they need immediate return s on their investments meaning they will cut corners. Use pesticides and genetic modification.
    B. Bootlegging and moonshine is still a billion dollar business...unless you have never had the luck of coming across really good local brewed liquor.

But yes...big corporations will always crush the little guy, because morons will always shop for convenience and to save a nickel, while at the same time bitching about having their tax dollars subsidize employee wages through government programs when they don't receive a livable wage. However...eventually small business, innovators, and the supply chain itself will be broken because corporations put share holder profits above their employees. And if Americans don't stand together against the financial organizations, and monied Corporations pulling our governments strings then one day they will either starve or be forced to do drastic things to survive.

I think I know what you are saying..... I think that we are fucked no matter what too.

2. Because it makes common since!!!!

3. Umm.. Because that's why it was made illegal in the first place..  It's not the actual drug they care about, it's HEMP.
    Hemp replaces a ridiculous amount of raw material.  (If weed was legal, I'm almost positive schools would use hemp paper.)

4. I think because each state decides what they want or something along those linesSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Pfft, you citizens and your tenth amendment to the constitution.  :rolleyes:

6. Because the government and the big corporate wankers want it illegal....

Overturn all the rich/cooperate/government wankers and make a new nation

7. [quote name="bongDelivery" post="19449497" timestamp="1391300107"]Umm.. Because that's why it was made illegal in the first place.. It's not the actual drug they care about, it's HEMP.Hemp replaces a ridiculous amount of raw material. (If weed was legal, I'm almost positive schools would use hemp paper.)[/quote]@[member="bongDelivery"] damn right! You can't make paper out of alcohol lolSent from my mi casa using Grasscity Forum

8. I hate Big Wood

9. You know that saying they always tell us Americans "your vote matters", it doesn't Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I do not vote. Although I was told if you don't vote you can't complain then. But I still complain, so go fuck yourself san diego. 

11. Because it actually makes sense but even if it was majority NO I would say fuck it anyway...kinda like now  :smoke:

12. #32 Blissful Dusk, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2014
    What I know is that ~100 years ago, some filthy rich dude who owned plots of land with trees to sell to newspapers saw hemp as a threat to his business. He invested so much on his company that he wasn't going to let small time hemp farms compete with his business. He knew that paper from hemp was better than paper from trees and had to do something. Luckily for him, the devil's lettuce made minorities think they were just as good and equal as white folks. He heavily supported groups who advocated against marijuana.

Later the government tested the marijuanas to see if it was actually as dangerous as these people said. They paid some shitty company, who was also against marijuana, to test the drug on animals. By suffocating the animals in marijuana and with the lack of oxygen, the scientists concluded that marijuana was highly dangerous once all the animals dropped dead.

Since then, anti marijuana pharmaceutical companies, like Bayer, pay lots of many to keep marijuana illegal and away from the people. If they don't, their pain killers, that bring in millions and millions of dollars, will begin to decline in sales. Tobacco companies are also against marijuana legalization. You can imagine why.

I'm going to investigate who funds D.A.R.E. and Above The Influence.

Summary: It's all for the money!

13. D.A.R.E dropped marijuana

14. [quote name="Nerd139" post="19457261" timestamp="1391418212"]D.A.R.E dropped marijuana[/quote]Now didn't D.A.R.E stand for: drugs are really enjoyable..? Kinda forgot since it's been awhile since I heard that acronym.Sent from my mi casa using Grasscity Forum

15. Drugs Are Really Enjoyable dropped marijuana because they are on a tolerance break

16. Are you stupid

17. http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2014/01/27/22470647-poll-majority-of-americans-support-efforts-to-legalize-marijuana?lite
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/165539/first-time-americans-favor-legalizing-marijuana.aspx

Nah it's a majority now. But honestly, marijuana 'legalization' sucks. They are just going to tax the everloving shit out of it. I mean they throw you in jail for like 60+ years, waste all our money on breaking into peoples homes to stop it and now thery're like "Uh huhuh yup can we have 7% of the profit from your weed if we don't throw you in a cage?" That shit pisses me off. They just need to declassify it, and remove all laws regarding weed from the books. We don't need to regulate it like alcohol. I understand why people are for that, but if you take a second to think about it, it's majorly fucked up. 

Also the reason we don't just have a nationwide election is because that would be too democratic. We need to elect some random people who are some form of stupid to 'represent' us so they can be lobbied by special interests in the hope that maybe one of them will write up a bill that makes it so instead of throwing people in jail we just let them smoke weed in peace. But of course, with this system, I don't have very high hopes. It'll happen some day though. 

18. cause who gives a fuck what the citizens want?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app