Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why doesn't marijuana help me with nausea?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by CTR0420, Aug 23, 2010.

1. I get horribly carsick, so when its hot I have to have the air blowing on me full blast. Well my friend's A/C is broken in his car, and I road with him on the 1 hour trip from where we live to charlotte, NC a lot this summer to go to parties and hang out with friends. 4 or 5 times I tried to prevent my carsickness by smoking before I left, but I always ended up throwing up anyway. I want to know, am I doing something wrong? It really would be great if I could figure out a way to alleviate my carsickness with marijuana.

2. Motion sickness and nausea are two different beasts. Motion sickness is caused when your inner ear isn't correctly in sync with your surroundings, if I remember correctly. Marijuana does not treat motion sickness, it treats nausea. I suggest you invest in a little over the counter drug called Dramamine. It works wonders and is inexpensive.

3. #4 newbienewton, Aug 23, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
    Do you tend to smoke right before you leave or do you wait a little while? Even Dramamine takes about a 1/2 hour to 1 hour to work. Give it time and then try again. Also, motion sickness is usually due to an equilibrium problem. Get checked by a doctor to see if your inner ear is damaged or infected. That might help. Another thing. Take some Dramamine. Some over the counter remedies are worth using. ;)

Looks like Wahlo beat me to it. Sound advice. :)

Oh, and by the way, you can always go back and edit an old post. You don't have to create a new post to correct typos.

4. #5 CharO0ne, Aug 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2010
    Marijuana, I've heard, can help nausea, but it just may not work for you. Just like any other medicine, it works for some, but not for all.

Edit: yeah, nausea and car sickness or whatever are totally different. Car sickness isn't technically an illness IMO.